Boris Yamnitsky is a Computer Science researcher and entrepreneur of Soviet origin.  He is best known for founding Boris FX, a visual effects software company that develops plug-ins for non-linear video editing systems.  He is also credited with developing the Yamnitsky-Levin algorithm, a Linear Programming algorithm based on n-dimensional simplices. 
Yamnitsky first developed his Linear Programming algorithm with his academic advisor Leonid Levin in 1982.  In the same year, he presented his algorithm at the 23rd IEEE FOCS Conference in Chicago. His work has been featured in many books including Linear Programming by Vasek Chvatal. 
In 1995, Yamnitsky founded Boris FX to develop image processing and special effects plug-ins for NLE systems such as Adobe, Avid, etc.  Boris FX products - Continuum, Mocha, Sapphire, and Silhouette - have been used in various feature films and television programs.  Boris FX has also acquired other companies and products including Final Effects, Imagineer Systems, Silhoette and GenArts. 
- "Q and A about the Boris FX - GenArts acquisition" (in en-US). https://www.provideocoalition.com/q-boris-yamnitsky-boris-fx-genarts-acquisition/.
- Bartels, Sven G. (2000), Kalai, Gil; Ziegler, Günter M., eds., "The Complexity of Yamnitsky and Levin’s Simplices Algorithm" (in en), Polytopes — Combinatorics and Computation, DMV Seminar (Basel: Birkhäuser): pp. 199–225, doi:10.1007/978-3-0348-8438-9_10, ISBN 978-3-0348-8438-9, https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-0348-8438-9_10, retrieved 2020-07-29
- Faigle, U.; Hunting, M.; Kern, W.; Prakash, R.; Supowit, K. J. (1997-02-01). "Simplices by point-sliding and the Yamnitsky-Levin algorithm" (in en). Mathematical Methods of Operations Research 46 (1): 131–142. doi:10.1007/BF01199467. ISSN 1432-5217. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF01199467.
- Chvatal, Vasek; Chvatal, Vaclav; Chv?atal, Vasek (1983-09-15) (in en). Linear Programming. Macmillan. ISBN 978-0-7167-1587-0. https://books.google.co.in/books?id=DN20_tW_BV0C&pg=PA452&lpg=PA452&dq=Yamnitsky-Levin&source=bl&ots=4fNCGBhYkO&sig=ACfU3U1zpKoJl4KynnVVjPTZdk17N6WJ3w&hl=en&sa=X&redir_esc=y#v=onepage&q=Yamnitsky-Levin&f=false.
- "Sapphire™ a Mainstay in the Creation of Avatar | GenArts". 2010-12-31. https://web.archive.org/web/20101231190935/http://www.genarts.com/aboutus/stories/genarts-sapphire-avatar.
- July 2005, TVTechnology 08. "Optibase Sells Final Effects to Boris FX" (in en). https://www.tvtechnology.com/news/optibase-sells-final-effects-to-boris-fx.
- "Boris FX Acquires Imagineer Systems" (in en). 2014-12-16. https://www.studiodaily.com/2014/12/boris-fx-acquires-imagineer-systems/.
- "NewBay Announces Industry Innovator Award Recipients" (in en-US). 2017-11-02. https://www.creativeplanetnetwork.com/news/newbay-announces-industry-innovator-award-recipients-619665.
- "Engineering Emmy Awards Winners Announced" (in en). https://www.emmys.com/news/awards-news/191001-engineering.