|The below content is licensed according to Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License contrary to the public domain logo at the foot of the page. It originally appeared on http://en.wikipedia.org. The original article might still be accessible here. You may be able to find a list of the article's previous contributors on the talk page.|
Transformers: Generation 1
In a story called "By their Blasters you shall know them ...!" from Transformers Comic-Magazin issue #12 by German comic publisher Condor Verlag Optimus Prime instructs Backstreet, Bumblebee and Ruckus on how to identify Autobots from Decepticons in battle using the Ark's computer. The Sports Car Patrol is among of those he displays to the Autobots.
Blackjack appeared in issue #2 of the Micromasters limited series as well as getting a full page biography in the More Than Meets The Eye series.
Blackjack appeared in the Transformers: Spotlight #2, which starred the Autobot Nightbeat. The story focuses on Nightbeat's investigation of the first Ark thousands of years before. This leads him to a trader offering to sell him the original flight recorder from the Ark. The trader's subsequent murder leads Nightbeat to a gigantic metallic underground sea, where he is ambushed by an unfamiliar group of Transformers (The Micromaster Sports Car Patrol) and captured. A shadowy figure (implied to be Galvatron) oversees the implantation of a device in his brain, and then wipes his mind.
Blackjack first appeared in the Marvel Transformers issue #56 where Megatron sent the Sports Car Patrol to trick the Autobot medic Ratchet into following them and being captured for Megatron plot to bring back Starscream as a Pretender. 
- Hasbro Transformers Micromaster Sports Car Patrol (1989)
- Hasbro Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Legends Blackjack (2015)
- This Blackjack is part of the Stunticon combiner team, taking the place of the non-transforming drone which formed the chest of Menasor.
- Hasbro Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Menasor (2016)
- A 6-pack of Stunticon recolors that are homages to the unreleased Generation 2 Stunticons, including a recolored Blackjack.
- Blackjack (Decepticon Micromaster Sports Car Patrol, Transformers G1)
- Robert Mann (w). "By their Blasters you shall know them ...!" Transformers Comic-Magazin 12 (December 1990), Condor Verlag
- "Transformers" #56 (September 1st, 1989)
- Alvarez, J.E. (2001). The Unofficial Guide to Transformers 1980s Through 1990s Revised & Expanded 2nd Edition. Schiffer Publishing Ltd.. p. 86. ISBN 0764313649.