Benny Marotta and Solmar Development Corp. have been building innovative, thoughtfully-planned communities across the Greater Toronto Area for more than 30 years as a privately family-owned and operated company.
Marotta and family are also the visionaries behind Two Sisters Vineyards, an award-winning winery and collection of vineyards spanning more than than 130 acres across the heart of the beautiful Niagara-on-the-Lake countryside. Owned and operated by Marotta and his two daughters, Two Sisters Vineyards crafts an array of ultra-premium, world-recognized wines while bringing an extraordinary wine and culinary experience to the region.
Solmar Development Corporation
For more than three decades, Marotta and the Solmar team have led the way in creating and developing master-planned building projects across the Greater Toronto Area, particularly those with a focus on luxury condominiums and single-family homes. The family-owned and operated company remains steadfast in its commitment to achieving the highest standard of excellence in each phase of every project, including architectural design, development, and construction.
By combining expertise, focused attention to detail, and a forward-thinking vision to every project, Marotta and the Solmar team ensure each new planned community offers residents a brighter way of living - providing an experience that enriches and inspires the lives of every homeowner.
Each development created by Benny Marotta and Solmar is distinguished and defined by a sophisticated, stunning, and timeless design, and crafted with the homeowner in mind. Marotta and Solmar are committed to creating communities that enrich lives and empower a better tomorrow.
From day one, Solmar has operated on four time-tested pillars of excellence, including:
Throughout every project, Benny Marotta and Solmar focus on pursuing only the highest standards of quality, ensuring the best results are achieved at every opportunity.
Each Solmar team member is pledged to conduct themselves with the utmost honesty and integrity and to hold themselves to the highest levels of professionalism.
Marotta and Solmar and passionate about what they do, and approach each new challenge with the motivation, enthusiasm, and positive energy needed to achieve a successful, next-level outcome.
Benny Marotta and Solmar are tireless in their pursuit of new heights of building excellence and setting all-new standards of quality for others to strive toward.
“We bring our forward-thinking vision to every project,” says Benny Marotta, CEO and leader at Solmar since 1989. “It’s a vision that is distinguished by timeless elegance, sophisticated interior designs, and meticulous attention to detail.”
Solmar’s project portfolio
The company's projects include many of the most sophisticated luxury homes and communities throughout the Greater Toronto Area.
- 2001: Maplewood Park: This project includes inspired detached homes & townhomes in the Maple, Ontario, community.
- 2005: Bellaria Residences. Upon completion, Bellaria Residences became the first high-rise towers to adorn the Vaughan, Ontario, landscape.
- 2012: Parkview Heights Residence. Parkview Heights remains a top residential community in Bradford, Ontario.
- 2014: Cannery Park. The Cannery Park single-family-homes development offers luxury living in the heart of Niagara-on-the-Lake.
- 2014: Park Avenue Place. These high-rise Vaughan, Ontario, towers continue to emanate the quality and elegance people have come to expect from the Solmar team.
- 2017: Edge Towers. Setting a new standard in elegant living, the high-rise EdgeTower developments in downtown Mississauga promise residents an unparalleled luxury living experience.
- 2018: The Windsor. Located in Niagara-on-the-Lake, The Windsor features luxurious townhome residences representing the pinnacle in high-end home living.
Benny Marotta and Solmar continue to plan, design, develop, and build beautiful, high-end properties across the GTA landscape, pursuing the achievement of excellence in every business park, industrial park, commercial development, condo community, grand estate manor, single-detached home, and luxury high-rise property project in their portfolio.
- "Two Sisters Vineyards – A Winery Profile - WineAlign, Articles" (in en). https://www.winealign.com/articles/2018/10/02/two-sisters-vineyards-a-winery-profile.
- "Two Sisters ranked in Globe & Mail’s top growing companies | Niagara Economic Development". https://niagaracanada.com/two-sisters-ranked-in-globe-mails-top-growing-companies/.
- "Erin Glen sells 500 homes in eight days, all on-line" (in en-CA). https://torontosun.com/life/homes/erin-glen-sells-500-homes-in-eight-days-all-on-line.