Arnergy provides renewable energy systems which combine solar power with storage solutions and proprietary remote management systems to resolve issues related to intermittency and grid unreliability.
Since its foundation, Arnergy has delivered over 3MW of installed capacity and over 9MWh of storage capacity to business and residential clients across Nigeria.
The mission of the organization is to deliver energy solutions for productive use, deploying products, services & systems to power businesses and the company provides solar power systems to homes and businesses with a special focus on businesses in the hospitality, education, financial, agriculture and healthcare sectors.
In July 2015, Arnergy secured funding from Nigeria’s Bank of Industry to provide rural communities with off-grid solar systems. The project was in partnership with the United Nations Development Program (UNDP).
In December 2015, the Solar Nigeria Programme, an initiative of the United Kingdom’s Government Department For International Development (DfID), implemented by Adam Smith International (ASI) awarded Arnergy a 100,000 Pounds (US$146,000) grant to expand operations in Northern Nigeria.
In June 2019, the company announced that it raised $9 Million in a Series A round of funding led by Breakthrough Energy Ventures with participation from the Norwegian Investment Fund for Developing Countries (Norfund), ElectriFI and All On. The new capital is intended to fuel commercial growth towards providing energy reliability to customers particularly SMEs and economic clusters in healthcare, education and hospitality sectors. The CEO explained that the company aims to use the funds to power more than 35,000 SMEs in Nigeria by 2023.
In December 2020, Arnergy signed an MOU with the Federal Government of Nigeria to deploy $9 million to provide solar energy to 20,000 micro, small and medium businesses as well as underserved households, schools, hospitals among others, in rural communities across the country.
Services and Products
Arnergy offers remote monitoring and predictive maintenance services, done with their tracking software. It also distributes products like inverters, batteries, charge controllers and solar panels.
Arnergy provides solutions for power supply problems in modular form such as Arnergy 5000X, Arnergy 5000, and Arnergy 10000. It also designs and sells solar micro-grid and rooftop solutions for small and medium businesses and communities.
The company also provides a lease-to-own service with free maintenance in up to 36 months installments. The company also provides a subscription model service that is available only for small and medium businesses. During the subscription service period, the company provides free maintenance services on their inverters.
Gold Award category of the tenth edition of Africa Brand Awards, awarded for its contributions to development in the solar energy sector in Nigeria.
- "A pay-as-you-go solar solution could kickstart renewable energy adoption in Nigeria". https://qz.com/africa/711138/a-pay-as-you-go-solar-solution-could-kickstart-renewable-energy-adoption-in-nigeria/.
- "Africa taking giant strides to fix its electricity challenges". 21 August 2019. https://techcabal.com/2019/08/21/africa-taking-giant-strides-to-fix-its-electricity-challenges/.
- "Could solar power end Nigeria's power cuts?". BBC News. https://www.bbc.com/news/av/business-49361967.
- "The heart of the Kidepo Valley National Park - CNN Video". https://edition.cnn.com/videos/tv/2015/12/29/inside-africa-uganda-kidepo-spc-b.cnn/video/playlists/uganda-kidepo-national-park/.
- "Bill Gates-led $1 billion fund expands its portfolio of startups fighting climate change". https://qz.com/1693546/breakthrough-energy-ventures-expands-its-portfolio-to-19-startups/.
- "Nigerian Arnergy makes Bill Gates's top 5 cleantech companies that will help save the world". 24 April 2021. https://nairametrics.com/2021/04/24/nigerian-arnergy-makes-bill-gatess-top-5-cleantech-companies-that-will-help-save-the-world/.
- "Femi Adeyemo, CEO, Arnergy: Interview". 8 November 2017. https://oxfordbusinessgroup.com/interview/femi-adeyemo-ceo-arnergy-nigeria-2017.
- Africa, Ventures (April 24, 2021). "Nigerian Arnergy makes Bill Gates's Top 5 Cleantech Companies that will help Save the World through its Breakthrough Energy Ventures project". https://venturesafrica.com/arnergy-makes-bill-gatess-top-5-cleantech-companies/.
- "Arnergy on Good Here". https://goodhere.org/organizations/arnergy/.
- "Nigerian Solar Energy Startup, Arnergy Closes $9 million Series a Round, A Major Milestone for Local Energy Companies". 25 June 2019. https://rea.gov.ng/nigerian-solar-energy-startup-arnergy-closes-9-million-series-round-major-milestone-local-energy-companies/.
- "Arnergy is bringing pay-as-you-go solar power to rural communities across Nigeria". 7 June 2016. https://techcabal.com/2016/06/07/arnergy-nigeria-is-bringing-pay-as-you-go-solar-power-services-to-rural-communities/.
- "Arnergy Secures Funding for its Renewable Energy program from Nigeria's BoI". 20 July 2015. https://techcabal.com/2015/07/20/arnergy-secures-funding-for-its-renewable-energy-program-from-nigerias-boi/.
- "Arnergy: Breaking fresh frontiers in renewable energy sector". 5 June 2016. https://guardian.ng/energy/arnergy-breaking-fresh-frontiers-in-renewable-energy-sector/.
- "Startup aims to tackle Nigeria's electricity problem". https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kseVMiUaZd4.
- "Nigerian renewable energy solutions provider Arnergy closes Series a financing". 25 June 2019. https://guardian.ng/business-services/nigerian-renewable-energy-solutions-provider-arnergy-closes-series-a-financing/.
- "How Arnergy's tech powered solution could dent Nigeria's energy poverty". 27 June 2019. https://businessday.ng/technology/article/how-arnergys-tech-powered-solution-could-dent-nigerias-energy-poverty/.
- "Nigerian Energy Startup, Arnergy Seals $9m Funding to Power 35,000 Businesses". June 25, 2019. https://technext.ng/2019/06/25/nigerian-energy-startup-arnergy-seals-9m-funding-to-power-35000-businesses-by-2023/.
- "FG, Arnergy sign MoU, to deploy $9M for electrification of 20,000 businesses". December 16, 2020. https://businessday.ng/energy/power/article/fg-arnergy-sign-mou-to-deploy-9m-for-electrification-of-20000-businesses/.
- "A Profile Arnergy Solar Limited". October 5, 2020. https://www.solarkobo.com/post/arnergy-solar.
- "Arnergy gets Canada High Commissioner’s applause on energy optimization, productivity in Nigeria". February 2, 2021. https://businessday.ng/companies/article/arnergy-gets-canada-high-commissioners-applause-on-energy-optimization-productivity-in-nigeria/.
- "Arnergy gets industry recognition for contributions to development of solar energy in Nigeria". March 30, 2021. https://businessday.ng/companies/article/arnergy-gets-industry-recognition-for-contributions-to-development-of-solar-energy-in-nigeria/.