Amrita Singh (born 15th January 1978) is an Indian social entrepreneur and worker who co-founded Nav Astitva Foundation, a non-profit to educate people around the world on menstruation in Bihar India, become recognised for their work in the field of menstruation.
Amrita Singh was born in Ranchi, Jharkhand on 15th January 1978 and brought up to Late Dr. Satya Narayan Singh and Kalpana Singh in Jharkhand, raised in a middle class family. She did her schooling from Jamui High School, Bihar and completed her intermediate from S.M college Bhagalpur, Bihar in 1994.She earned her Bachelor of Science Degree from Tilkamanjhi University, Bhagalpur in 1998 and MSc in environmental science from Sikkim Manipal University in 2001.
She has co-founded Nav Astitva Foundation in March 2012 along with Pallavi Sinha, which focuses on developing the potential of women and girls to drive long lasting equitable changes, strategically emphasizing on promoting quality healthcare, inclusive education, gender equitable and sustainable livelihood opportunities and cleanliness. Their efforts are focused to fight against underlying causes of poverty and ensuring a life of dignity for all women and girls from the most marginalized and vulnerable communities, especially among Dalit’s and Adivasis.
In March 2012 with a vision to providing universal education and healthcare education services to the underprivileged there by changing their lives forever. The main areas of focus are Children, Destitute Women, Senior Citizens, Environment, Health and Hygiene.
Projects and Initiatives
- Swachh Betiyan Swachh Samaj
- Bihar's First Sanitary Napkin Bank
- Bihar’s First Sanitary Vending Machine
- Hunger Project- Sai Ki Rasoi
- MHM KIT
- Sanitary Napkin Vending Machine at Patna Railway Station and Airport
- Mobile Sanitary Vending Machine
- SHE Care Health Card
Awards and Recognitions
- Matritwa Samman 2017 by Dainik Jagran
- Aparajita Samman 2018 by Prabhal Khabar
- Women Extraordinaire 2019 by Times of India
- Felicitated by Innerwheel club of Patna City, 2019
- Felicitated as a Motivational speaker at IIT, Patna in 2018
- Sashakt Nari Samman 2018