Aline Marie Massel
Massel came to public attention again, in 2017, when she sued Robert Charles Gibbins, a New York City hedge fund manager, with whom she had engaged in a two year sexual liaison, for $15 million.
Massel said that she met Gibbins, in 2014. Early in their affair, Gibbins had promised to divorce his wife, and marry her, father children, and give her an Ostrich farm in Uganda, and an estate in Canada. He not only did none of these things, he gave her HPV a sexually transmitted disease, and pressured her to have an abortion.
Massel said that when she first met Gibbins he had claimed to be single, and it was only several weeks into their affair that she learned he was married, when his wife texted her, "You are not the first and will not be the last."’’.
Not only did Gibbins not disclose bearing HPV, he insisted on sex without a condom, and that, later in their affair, when she became pregnant, in July 2015, he pressured her to have an abortion, stating he "he would not be there for her in any respect if she chose to keep the baby.”
Massel described receiving additional contact from Gibbins's wife, when she was pregnant, including a text saying "Have the baby if you want it so much. I cannot wait to see you getting fat and ugly." Massel said Gibbins wife phoned her, and directed her son to "Speak to daddy’s girlfriend".
Massel claimed that, after she got pregnant, she believed Gibbins had her followed, because he feared she would reveal incriminating details of his attempts to use a Ukrainian bank for money laundering.
- Julie Marsh (2017-12-17). "Mistress sues married hedge-funder over STD and lies". New York Post. Archived from the original on 2017-12-20. https://web.archive.org/web/20171220214218/https://nypost.com/2017/12/17/mistress-sues-married-hedge-funder-over-std-and-lies/. Retrieved 2018-03-01. "She believes that Gibbins hired a private detective to trail her because he was concerned she would blab about his business dealings, which include his failed effort to buy a Ukrainian bank that was a “location for money laundering,” the suit says."
- Alison Shooter (2017-12-18). "Mistress Sues Married Hedge-Funder Over STD". Pop culture magazine. Archived from the original on 2017-12-20. https://web.archive.org/web/20171220072607/http://popculture.com/trending/2017/12/18/mistress-sues-married-hedge-funder/. Retrieved 2018-03-01. "Aline Marie Massel, former Miss Germany International, is revealing details of her affair with Autonomy Capital CEO Robert Charles Gibbins in new court documents, which allege that the two-year illicit relationship left her with an STD, the New York Post reports."
- Tyler Durden (2017-12-19). ""Miss Germany" Mistress Sues Married Hedge-Funder: "Promised An Ostrich Farm, Gave Me An STD"". Zero Hedge. Archived from the original on 2017-12-21. https://web.archive.org/web/20171221110336/https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-12-18/mistress. Retrieved 2018-03-01. "It’s hardly a surprise that a messy high-profile divorce with this many lewd details has garnered extensive coverage from the world’s tabloids, including the New York Post and the Daily Mail."
- Julia Marsh (2018-11-22). "Judge tosses German beauty queen’s STD suit against married hedge-fund boyfriend". New York Post. Archived from the original on 2018-11-23. https://web.archive.org/web/20181123071400/https://nypost.com/2018/11/22/judge-tosses-german-beauty-queens-std-suit-against-married-hedge-fund-boyfriend/. Retrieved 2019-02-06. "In March, a British judge determined that Massel’s STD claims were not credible because she never submitted medical tests proving the allegation."
- Hannah Parry (2018-11-23). "Judge tosses German beauty queen's $15 million STD suit against married boyfriend". Daily Mail. Archived from the original on 2018-11-23. https://web.archive.org/web/20181123071400/https://nypost.com/2018/11/22/judge-tosses-german-beauty-queens-std-suit-against-married-hedge-fund-boyfriend/. Retrieved 2019-01-21. "A Manhattan judge nixed a “collateral attack” by former Miss Germany International Aline Marie Massel, who accused her married ex-lover of promising her a Ugandan ostrich farm, only to allegedly give her a sexually transmitted disease."
- Molly Crane-Newman (2018-07-18). "Lawyers for billionaire being sued by ex-lover, a former Miss Germany International, claim she's 'insane'". New York Daily News. Archived from the original on 2018-07-19. https://web.archive.org/web/20180719105540/http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/ny-manhattan-billionaire-lawyers-claim-ex-insane-20180718-story.html. Retrieved 2019-01-21. "Former beauty queen Aline Marie Massel, 31, last year filed a $15 million emotional distress lawsuit against Robert Gibbins, the CEO of Autonomy Capital investment firm, alleging he gave her a venereal disease and failed to follow through with promises to leave his wife and buy Massel an ostrich farm in Uganda."
- Hannah Parry (2017-12-18). "Married Manhattan hedge funder, 47, is sued by his beauty queen former mistress, 31, for $15MILLION because he 'gave her HPV and pressured her to get an abortion'". Daily Mail. Archived from the original on 2019-02-06. https://web.archive.org/web/20190206183948/https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5189787/Mistress-sues-Manhattan-hedge-funder-gave-STD.html. Retrieved 2019-02-06. "Aline Marie Massel, 31, is demanding $15 million from her ex-Robert Charles Gibbins, the CEO of Autonomy Capital CEO, after he allegedly gave her HPV and pressured her to have an abortion."