Ali Al Suleiman
Ali Al Suleiman (Arabic: علي محمود السليمان) is a Turkish and Syrian journalist ,writer and translator who has focused on translating Turkish television shows into Arabic and other languages to promote their viewing throughout the Middle East.
Childhood and education
Al Suleiman was born to Turkish and Syrian parents in January of 1996 in the city of Istanbul. During his early life, his family moved to Tripoli in Lebanon until he was nine years old, before they then relocated to Damascus in Syria where he had to join a new elementary school. He would continue the rest of his childhood education in Syria before earning his General Education Certificate in 2013 and then joining Damascus University and their Arabic language literature program.
Completing his lower degree there in 2016, Al Suleiman and his family moved once more to return to Istanbul and he pursued a higher degree at Istanbul University in the literature of the Turkish language, which he graduated from in 2019. 
In an interview, he stated that his purpose was to learn about the culture of both of his parents and understand both origin languages. He also felt that the commonality between the people of the region and the shared culture, particularly during the Ottoman Empire, is one that should be supported and emphasized.
During his Turkish language graduate work beginning in 2017, Al Suleiman began working for the Turkish embassy in Lebanon, where he wrote news articles for a number of publications, including Al Jazeera and Sasapost. He also began working as a television show translator for the Turkish Radio and Television Corporation, including directly writing subtitles and also translating scripts for dubbing into other languages. The series he began translating in 2017 included seasons 7 through 10 of Valley of the Wolves, along with the spinoff film Valley of the Wolves: Homeland, and Payitaht: Abdülhamid. The most popular series he translated at the time was Diriliş: Ertuğrul and he also began translating the sequel, Kuruluş: Osman, starting in November of 2019.
Al Suleiman has also authored several books with political and religious themes being the primary focus.
Template:Loop(February 6, 2020). Ali Al Suleiman's Articles. ASIN B084L6BT6Z.
Template:Loop(February 7, 2020). Regional leadership war between Turkey and Saudi Arabia. ASIN B084LN1NZX.
Template:Loop(February 10, 2020). Islamic Studies From Quran and Hadith. ASIN B084NXT7CX.
- "How Turkish TV is taking over the world" (in en). 2019-09-13. http://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2019/sep/13/turkish-tv-magnificent-century-dizi-taking-over-world.
- Marshall, Alex (2018-12-27). "Can Netflix Take Turkey’s TV Dramas to the World?" (in en-US). The New York Times. ISSN 0362-4331. https://www.nytimes.com/2018/12/27/arts/television/turkish-tv-netflix-the-protector.html.
- "What is The Secret Between Turkish Soaps and The Syrian Accent?" (in en). https://www.albawaba.com/editors-choice/what-secret-between-turkish-soaps-and-syrian-accent-1385179.
- TANIR, İPEK TANIR (2020). "'I am not alien to Turkish culture'". Akşam. https://www.aksam.com.tr/cumartesi/turk-kulturune-yabancilik-cekmiyorum/haber-1129135.
- SABAH, DAILY (2020-07-27). "Ali Al Suleiman, the Syrian translator behind Turkish soap operas conquering the Arab world" (in en-US). https://www.dailysabah.com/arts/ali-al-suleiman-the-syrian-translator-behind-turkish-soap-operas-conquering-the-arab-world/news.
- "وسائل إعلام تركية تحتفي بشاب سوري.. ما علاقته بمسلسل السلطان عبد الحميد؟" (in en). https://orient-news.net/ar/news_show/182669/.
- Şafak, Yeni. "شاب سوري يروي حكايته في ترجمة أشهر المسلسلات التركية" (in tr-TR). https://www.yenisafak.com/ar/life/3468613.
- "The young Syrian who translates Turkish dramas for the Arab world" (in en). https://www.trtworld.com/life/the-young-syrian-who-translates-turkish-dramas-for-the-arab-world-39251.
- Nuri Öztürk, İlker (2020). "Turkey is our common point". Yeni Şafak. https://www.yenisafak.com/hayat/turkiye-ortak-noktamiz-3555934.
- "علي السليمان". https://www.sasapost.com/author/ali-al-suleiman/.
- "Ertuğrul: how an epic TV series became the 'Muslim Game of Thrones'" (in en). 2020-08-12. http://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2020/aug/12/ertugrul-how-an-epic-tv-series-became-the-muslim-game-of-thrones.
- "Who is Ali Al Suleiman, the man who made Turkish TV series popular in Arab countries?". İstiklal. 2020. https://www.istiklal.com.tr/haber/turk-dizilerini-arap-ulkelerine-sevdiren-adam-ali-al-suleiman-kimdir/559301.
- "علي السليمان.. سوري ساهم بنشر الدراما التركية في البلدان العربية" (in ar). 2020-08-21. https://www.syria.tv/علي-السليمان-سوري-ساهم-بنشر-الدراما-التركية-في-البلدان-العربية.
Category:1996 births Category:Living people Category:Turkish journalists Category:Turkish writers Category:People from Istanbul Category:Istanbul University alumni Category:People from Tripoli Category:People from Damascus Category:Damascus University alumni Category:Subtitlers Category:Turkish translators Category:Turkish Radio and Television Corporation people