What Are The Most Effective Treatment Options For Varicose Veins?
Suppose the compression stockings and self-care remedies fail to reduce the varicose veins. Or, if the varicose veins are more severe, vein specialists recommend surgery or other treatment procedures. What are the Treatment Options for Varicose Veins? Then the below-given information might settle your curiosity. The treatment procedures may include-
• Sclerotherapy. The vascular surgeon will inject a foam-like solution inside the small varicose veins and spider veins that irritate the vein walls and close the injected veins. The treated spider veins should disappear immediately, and the treated varicose veins should fade and gradually disappear with time. The same varicose veins might need to be injected more than once. This procedure doesn't require any anesthetics.
• Laser treatment. This treatment method works by aiming intense rays or beams of light onto the affected veins, making these veins fade and slowly disappear with time—no need for cuts and needles.
• High ligation and vein stripping. This treatment process involves tying off the affected vein before it joins the more prominent deep vein and removing the vein through minor cuts. For most people, this is an outpatient procedure. Removing the vein does not affect blood flow as the more prominent deep veins in the leg handle the larger blood volume.
How does compression stocking help treat varicose veins?
Vascular surgeons recommend compression stocking for varicose veins. Do you want to know What Type of Doctor Treats Varicose Veins, then a vascular surgeon is an answer. Compression stocking works by squeezing a patient's leg and improving blood circulation. They are tight around the ankle and a little loose farther up the leg. This way, the compression stockings encourage the proper blood flow in the upward direction against gravity, back to the heart. A compression stocking is beneficial for pain, swelling, and discomfort. The compression stockings sometimes make people's skin dry and flakey. If this happens, consult with your doctor.
What are home-care or self-care measures to take for varicose veins?
You can treat mild or less problematic can treat mild or less problematic veins at home using the proper self-care measures and remedies. You can do some methods and actions if the varicose veins are causing you pain or discomfort. And these self-care measures include-
• Losing weight if necessary
• Exercising daily
• Yoga, swimming, dancing, cycling, and jogging will help
• maintain the moderate body weight
• Avoid prolonged standing or sitting.
• Avoiding salty food
• Consuming vitamin C rich food
What are the significant risk factors associated with varicose veins?
Some potential risk factors that may lead to varicose veins are
• Change in hormones during pregnancy
• Going through menopause
• Being over 50 years old
• Having a family history of varicose veins
• Having obesity
• Improper circulation of blood
We can say that the above information provides us with helpful information regarding varicose veins. Risk factors associated with varicose veins, treatment options for varicose veins, home care remedies for varicose veins, and more. For more information, contact veintreatmentnyc.com.