Difference between revisions of "User talk:Geo Swan"
(→Re:Missing file: new section)
|(3 intermediate revisions by the same user not shown)|
Revision as of 17:38, 11 July 2019
Glad to have you aboard
Hi Geo Swan. I'm glad to have you aboard and thank for your contributions. I see you have a great deal of good articles userfied over at Wikipedia. I'm fairly certain that they'd be welcome here. Anyhoo, I just wanted to say hi and thanks for contributing. Best regards. Web (talk) 15:17, 6 June 2012 (MSD)
Articles deleted from Wikipedia
I'm working on your list of articles deleted from Wikipedia. Looks like some have been userfied, so I'm still running through the list trying to figure things out.
The first 20 have been undeleted and copied over here at WikiAlpha by Moonriddengirl who has been generously helping me. There is a list here showing the progress I'm making. Best regards. Web (talk) 15:48, 11 June 2012 (MSD)
- Thank you very much with your help with this. I anticipate this will be hundreds of hours of work to get these deleted articles into article space here. And I appreciate every bit of assistance.
- Another complication is that in some cases the article on the captive has been replaced by a namesake. Charles H. Carpenter being a case in point.
- I'll try to get all the userified ones copied here within the next 10 days. For them I can look at the full revision history and form my own judgment as to whether I was the sole author of the intellectual content. When I askedthe closing admin of Charles H. Carpenter (lawyer) for their help I asked them if they could either also email me a listing of the contributors, or confirm my recollection I was the sole author of its intellectual content. They didn't confirm, orsend me a listing. I am not 100% comfortable, but I went with my recollection.
- Thanks again! Geo Swan (talk) 20:16, 11 June 2012 (MSD)
- I've gone through the list and updated it here .It appears about half are already userfied, so I included those links for convenience. There's another set that were moved to your userspace then deleted, so only you are able to ask for those to be undeleted. I'll see if I can get a few admins to undelete the rest and move them here. Best regards. Web (talk) 19:10, 12 June 2012 (MSD)
- Thanks for all your help. Geo Swan (talk) 20:38, 14 June 2012 (MSD)
- Hello, are you also active, or previously active, on the wikipedia... Would I know you there...
- You would not have known me there as far as I know.
I noticed in the recent changes log something about David hicks, I recall seeing an entry at on en.wiki which says that the prisoners there are caught in an innocent prisoner's dilemma which is a concept most people have no clue about, so I wrote it on en.wikipedia and I've copied it here. I thought you may wish to know, or tell whoever may wish to know. Penyulap (talk) 11:13, 3 August 2012 (MSD)
- Woah! User:Penyulap, I don't think I ever responded to this message. I don't think I ever saw this message. My apologies! Belated thanks for the heads-up. Geo Swan (talk) 12:47, 19 December 2017 (UTC)
I started out in Wikipedia writting list about characters that were in public domain. I noticed that some of the articles had missing characters. I tried to fill in the missing characters but the information I wrote got deleted. So now I'm here and hopefully I won't run into the same problems again. 04:02 pm, June 25th 2014.
- I hope that worked for you... Geo Swan (talk) 12:48, 19 December 2017 (UTC)
- You did not say bad words. It is not good to say it. Good. CityOfSilver 03:15, 3 July 2017 (UTC)
Thank you for your message! I'm sorry but I didn't get what were you referring to by asking me about a "missing file". Could you clarify?
Also, sorry for taking so long to reply! I was going to answer it 3 months ago when you sent it, but I ended up forgetting it for some reason!