Toxin is a fictional character and original third-party Transformer character made by Headrobots as a TFcon 2011 exclusive.
In 2011 Headrobots created an exclusive recolor of their Cobra Headmaster. This toy was an exclusive to TFcon 2011.
According to his tech specs Toxin is very strong, smart and near fearless. He is a bit slow and not very tough. The readout of his tech spec meter when plugged into a Headmaster body do not match his official tech spec numbers
The biography for Stronghold was written by Daniel "Protoman" Arseneault.
Toxin was announced as a TFcon exclusive in July 2011. The first pictures of the Toxin toy was released later that month.
The TFcon 2011 Media Contest included among its prizes having a Stronghold and Toxin reserved for purchase.
Art from the TFcon 2011 comic with Powered Commander, Stronghold, Toxin in it was posted online in August 2011.
Promotional photos of Toxin depicted him using the body of Generation 1 Weirdwolf.
Toxin was released at TFcon 2011.
Toxin was featured in the 2013 toy reference book Transforming Collections by Philip Reed.
- Toxin review part 1 on YouTube by peaugh
- Toxin review part 2 on YouTube by peaugh
- Toxin review on YouTube by Protoman of ProtoRetro
When Lord Zarak needed someone to help copy the Headmaster and Transtector technology that Stronghold pioneered, he turned to Toxin. Toxin biggest claim to fame back on Cybertron was the mass cloning process of Reflector which bulked out Megatron‘s army during the early days of the war. He made 3 special clones for himself Edge, Shield and Bullet (Dubbed the NIGHT OPS SFX) as his hired goons to help get him needed “materials” for future experiments. All was going well for Toxin till he along with Lord Zarak got captured by the Autobots. His personal Transtector body was destroyed in the scuffle and now he hopes to break free and commandeer a new one.
Toxin is among the evil Headrobots who appeared in the story "Undercover!! The Great Drone Counteroffensive" by Headrobots. In this story the evil Headrobots discover a code which allows them to combined their source code, creating Blood DX.
Toxin became an official Transformers character when he appeared in The Transformers: More than Meets the Eye #16 among the crew of the Lost Light. In this story Toxin is an Autobot. His presence in that comic was due to the accidental drawing of Chromedome among the crew. To cover this the color and line art was changed to resemble Toxin.
Toxin appeared in the comic released for the 2011 TFcon, called "Changes in War". Set on the planet Master before the events of Transformers: The Headmasters Loafer is killed by Toxin, who steals his transtector.
Toxin appeared in the comic released for the 2013 TFcon, called "Lost World, Lost Mind". In the story the GoBits Roswell and Van Guardian are swept away against their will and meet Anarchy, Bullet, Decepticharge, Edge, Night-Bird, Project Z, Prototype X, Shield and Toxin.
Toxin appears in the TFcon 2014 comic story "The Dark Warrior". In this story he tasks Axis with breaking into the Zone Base to gain information on Zodiac Energy.
- Headrobots Toxin (2011)
- Toxin is a recolor of Headrobots Nightrider. Turns from robotic snake to head. Comes with a gun accessory.
- When plugged into a 1987 Headmaster figure he reveals a SPD 7, STR 5, INT 6.
- The package art for Stronghold was done by Alex Milne. The art depicts him as the head of Universe Onslaught.
- Sold exclusively at TFcon 2011, only 100 of were created.
- Toxin was created by combining parts of Nightrider and the Cobra prototype with a new paint application.
- Several parts for Headrobots Cobra are available on Shapeways.
- ↑ http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/conventions-15/2nd-tfcon-2011-exclusive-announced-head-robots-toxin-172917/?catid=searchresults&searchid=15186
- ↑ http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/conventions-15/tfcon-2011-exclusive-toxin-images-revealed-172990/?catid=searchresults&searchid=15187
- ↑ http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/conventions-15/tfcon-2011-social-media-contest-172978/?catid=searchresults&searchid=15187
- ↑ http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/conventions-15/tfcon-exclusive-2011-exclusive-comic-pages-available-for-public-view-173180/?catid=searchresults&searchid=15187
- ↑ Reed, Philip (2013). Transforming Collections. ISBN 978-1-62620-496-6.
- ↑ 2nd TFcon 2011 Exclusive Announced: Head Robots Toxin, Seibertron.com, July 20th 2011
- ↑ "Undercover!! The Great Drone Counteroffensive" Headrobots 1 (November 12th, 2012), Headrobots
- ↑ Daniel Arseneault ] (w), Alex Milne (p), Josh Perez (col). "Changes in War" TFcon (July 29th, 2011), TFcon
- ↑ Daniel Arseneault ] (w), Nathan Jackson (p), Nathan Jackson (i), Arthur Kobalewscuy (col), Arthur Kobalewscuy (let), Colin Douglas (ed). "Lost World, Lost Mind" TFcon (July 26th, 2013), TFcon
- ↑ Daniel Arseneault (w), Archibold Simpson (p), Christine Nelson (col), Nathan Jackson (ed). "The Dark Warrior" TFcon (July 11th, 2014), TFcon
- ↑ http://www.tfcon.ca/history-of-tfcon
- 2011 toys
- Daniel Arseneault characters
- Fictional characters introduced in 2011
- Fictional characters with superhuman durability
- Fictional characters with superhuman longevity
- Fictional characters with superhuman strength
- Fictional robots
- Fictional scientists
- Fictional shapeshifters
- Fictional snakes
- Headmasters (Transformers)
- Headrobots toys
- IDW Publishing characters
- Original third-party Transformer characters
- TFcon characters
- TFcon exclusives