Snake is a fictional character made by third-party Transformer company Headrobots in 2010. He is an homage to both an unreleased Takara Headmaster cobra toy and the G.I. Joe character Cobra Commander.
In 2009 Headrobots created an exclusive recolor of their Cobra Headmaster themed after the G.I. Joe character Cobra Commander.
According to his tech spec readout Snake has average strength, slightly above average intelligence and above average speed.
Snake was announced in May 2010.
Old Snake has been providing the underworld with illicit technology and services for years, all the while waiting for his moment to strike! Now, with reverse-synthoid technology, Snake transfers his mind into a captured Head Robot. At long last, the power of the
Transformersis his to weild! He has become the ultimate combination of treachery, cunning and raw power. Snake has only one goal in mind, to revive the long dead Cobraorganization!
- Headrobots Snake (2010)
- Snake is a recolor of Headrobots Cobra with an added gun accessory. When plugged into a 1987 Headmaster figure he reveals a SPD 7, STR 5, INT 6.
- Snake was packaged in a way that homages the 1980s carded G.I. Joe figures. The card was titled "H.D. Robots - A Real American Head." On the back of the card Snake is depicted combined with Mindwipe's body. This mold was also used to create TFcon's Toxin.
- This toy was an exclusive to HighendTFs Toy Store and limited to 300 pieces.
- http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/3rd-party-unlicensed-41/headrobots-snake-exclusive-recolor-169616/ Headrobots Snake Exclusive Recolor, TFW2005, May 3rd, 2010
- Mathew Robert Ignash (October 5th, 2013). "Retro Robot Radio". http://www.youtube.com/user/RetroRobotRadio?feature=watch (Podcast). RetroRobotRadio. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olXJXXCXwjQ.
- Reed, Philip (2013). Transforming Collections. ISBN 978-1-62620-496-6.