Transformers: Generation 1
He has a personality as repellent as his looks -- been kicked out of the Autobots many times for insubordination only to be asked back since he's always willing to undertake missions too low-down and dirty for anyone else to consider. In robot mode, carries venom laser that slows cerebro impulses and paralyzes on impact. In creature mode, has infra-red and X-ray vision; can emit colors and stroboscopic effect with eyes. Claws contain chemical, electromagnetic and audio sensors; can rip through almost any substance.
Transformers Headmasters UFP
The first four pages of Transformers: Universe - Wreckers #4 were finished and printed in issue #16 of the Transformers Collectors Club magazine. The Monsterbots were among the patrons of a bar on spaceport CSSB-16 when it was being visited by Devcon and the Beast Machine Dinobots.
"Ask Vector Prime" revealed that the Universe Repugnus was an upgraded version of the Monsterbot from another reality.
Wings of Honor
Repugnus was interviewed by Bishop to give an expert entomologist opinion on a recent bug invasion. After Repugnus explained that he liked raising the cute little bug larvae to become massive horrible killers to sic on intruders, he then confirmed that not only was he not an entomologist, he didn't even know what that meant.
Repugnus and the Monsterbots were among the Autobots who joined Fortress Maximus in leaving Cybertron for the planet Nebulos (Transformers: Headmasters #1). When Scorponok's band of Decepticons arrived on the planet in close pursuit, Repugnus was one of the Autobots who fought back to save the local Nebulan population. He and his fellow Monsterbots fought a battle to save the Nebulan Mercury Gardens from the encroaching Decepticons, but were forced to retreat by the Decepticon Headmasters when they realised the damage their battle was doing.
Unwilling to let the planet be devastated in their war, Fortress Maximus' band left Nebulos for the planet Earth (Transformers: Headmasters #4).
Maximus' group joined up with the Earthen Autobots, but encountered stiff resistance from local leader Grimlock. Repugnus was present when Grimlock fought Blaster for leadership of the Autobots on Earth's moon. The Autobots were then attacked by the Decepticons led by Ratbat (Transformers #41).
- Generation 1 Monsterbot Repugnus (1987)
- Universe Overbite with Repugnus (2003)
- Overbite is a recolor of Beast Wars Second Hellscream. Turns from cyborg shark to robot.
- Repugnus is a recolor of Beast Wars Buzzclaw. Turns from lizard/mantis fuzor to robot.
- Titans Return Titan Master Repugnus (2017)
- A reimagining of Repugnus as a Titan Master figure with a vehicle based on his original toy.
In 2006 a new Repugnus was introduced into the Cybertron toy line as a supporting characters.
Among the very few places on the Jungle Planet not firmly under the control of Scourge are the fetid swamps in the valleys at the foot of the Steel Shard Mountains. Here, Repugnus rules. His subjects rejoice in the sinking slime they call home. He protects their freedom fiercely, using his intimate knowledge of the swamps to isolate and destroy any invaders. So dedicated is he to freedom that he even exiled his own brother - Undermine - for being in league with Scourge.
- Cybertron Scout Repugnus (2006)
- A recolor of Cybertron Undermine. Comes with a tail/club and a silver jungle cyber key with the code "s48r" on it.
- Universe Warriors From Three Worlds (2008)
- A gift pack containing Cybertron Ransack GTS, Scattorshot and Repugnus.
- "Rebellion on Animatros". Written by Justin Devine. Transformers Headmasters UFP. January 4th, 2010. No. 5, season 1.
This article is a stub. You can help WikiAlpha by expanding it.