Psycho is a fictional character from the GoBots series. He is an evil Renegade GoBot introduced in 1984.
Psycho is a Renegade who turns into show car. He is crazy and unpredictable, his twisted mind can only be controlled by Cy-Kill.
In some GoBots books Psycho is depicted as being a yellow Volkswagen Beetle, looking like the toy for Bug-Bite.
- Psycho review on YouTube by Monsieur Toys Review
- Psycho, Super Couper and Staks review on YouTube by T2rx6
- Big Bite, Herr Fiend and Psycho review on YouTube by GaryHalacan
A terrifying foe. Psycho is crazy and unpredictable. All the Enemy GoBots fear him. And only Cy-Kill can control his demented mind.
Like most GoBots, Psycho has numerous abilities because of his robotic body. He does not age, can survive in space and is super-humanly strong and tough. He can fly in robot mode and project energy blasts from his hands. His body heals quickly when supplied with energy. He can turn into a car.
He also appeared on the cover to the VHS release of "Cy-Kill's Shrinking Ray."
Psycho was featured in the 2016 Ask Vector Prime story Echoes and Fragments, set during the events of The Transformers: The Movie. The manipulations of the evil Gong and Sideways resulted in various GoBots, Rock Lords and Starriors swapping places with characters during the events of that film.
Psycho appeared in the episode 35 story "Trash and Treachery". In the story Blades and Psycho were sent to look for Zero and the Master Renegade. They found their targets in a UNECOM warehouse, but then were attacked by Turbo and Smallfoot.
- Tonka Super GoBots 030 Psycho (1984)
- A new mold by designed by Katsushi Murakami. Turns from robot to car.
- Tonka Super GoBots 028 Bug Bite (1984)
- A Super size GoBot toy. The figure was originally issued in Japan as part of the Machine Robo Scale Robo DX size, based on real-life vehicles. It was released in Japan in 1983, then America and Europe in 1984. In 1993, it was reissued as part of Bandai's short-lived Robo Machines line, under the designation "De Luxe Beetle".
- This toy was the basis for Psycho's form in some GoBots books and was repurposed into TFcon Bug Chomp.
- Marrs, Wanda and Texe (1985). The Great Robot Book. Little Simon. pp. 69–71. ISBN 978-0671602437.
- 8 Things You Didn't Know About GoBots (and Probably Didn't Care) - Topless Robot
- http://www.cbc.ca/archives/categories/economy-business/consumer-goods/the-joy-of-toys-and-games/transformers-make-coleslaw-of-the-cabbage-patch.html Transformers 'make coleslaw of the cabbage patch'
- Robin Snyder (1984). War of the GoBots. Illustrated by Steve Ditko. Western Publishing Company. ISBN 0-307-61376.
- Jim Sorenson (w). "Echoes and Fragments" Ask Vector Prime (February 10th, 2016), Fun Publications
- "The Show Must Go On". Written by Jim Sorenson. Transformers: Renegade Rhetoric. September 16th, 1986/October 19th, 2015. No. 10, season 1.
- "Trash and Treachery". Written by Jim Sorenson. Transformers: Renegade Rhetoric. October 22nd, 1986/December 1st, 2015. No. 35, season 1.