Powerful Living Rocks Face a Deadly New Peril
|The below content is licensed according to Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License contrary to the public domain logo at the foot of the page. All or some portion of it originally appeared on http://gbwiki.shoutwiki.com. The original article might still be accessible at http://gbwiki.shoutwiki.com/wiki/Powerful_Living_Rocks_Face_a_Deadly_New_Peril.
This comic book was packed in with earlier release Rock Lords toys by Tonka.
Magmar and his troops have occupied the fortress Stonehead. One night, Magmar investigates the fortress, finding a "secret" that he says will help destroy Boulder. He orders Brimstone to gather the others for an attack...
At Stronghold, Boulder urges his troops of the need to bring the fight to Magmar; any passing moment lets him get closer to supreme power. His troops agree and they roll out in rock mode. They're spotted by Sticks 'N Stones, who, after some arguing between the two heads, report to Magmar that they've fallen into his trap. When the good Rock Lords roll into a valley, Magmar, who has the higher ground, uses the Cryon Ray to freeze them in their alternate modes—the good Rock Lords are unable to transform! After some gloating, Magmar has his troop corral the helpless rocks to Stonehead.
Nuggit, who was using his jet pack to scout ahead for his comrades, sees that his friends have been taken captive. Realizing their destination, he flies to Stonehead and hides. There, he observes the villains cage his friends and leave Stoneheart and Sticks'n Stones as guards. Unsure of what to do, he fidgets with his chest buttons, accidentally opening a panel that reveals a sonic ray. He blasts the guards with it, causing them pain and having the extra effect of curing his friends of the Cryon Ray's effects. The good Rock Lords break out of their cage, and Magmar has come with reinforcements. He attempts to use the Cryon Ray, but it proves useless and the two sides fight. More of Magmar's troops and Rock Narlies come to join the battle, forcing the heroes to retreat, promising to take on the evil ones another time. Magmar swears that they feel his wrath someday and Quartex will be his.
|Sticks 'N Stones
- No writer or artist is credited for this book.
- The events of the story seem to take place shortly before the GoBots: Battle of the Rock Lords film. Since it starts with Magmar taking control of Stone Head, it seems to be the earliest Rock Lords fiction produced.
- The character models in this story are similar to those seen in the film, but with more toy accurate colors. Slimestone is depicted with one red eye and one green eye, like his toy prototype.
- The Cryon Ray appears to be one of the Power Scepters. It's design resembles Brimstone's Torcher weapon.
- Nuggit has the power to counteract the Cryon Ray, although he didn't know until he needed it.
- Boulder wields rifle which has a large blade on the barrel, a hint at his "Power Sword" rifle from the toy line.
- Powerful Living Rocks Face a Deadly New Peril. Tonka. 1986.
This article is a stub. You can help WikiAlpha by expanding it.