Oil Slick (Transformers)
|The below content is licensed according to Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License contrary to the public domain logo at the foot of the page. It originally appeared on http://en.wikipedia.org. The original article might still be accessible here. You may be able to find a list of the article's previous contributors on the talk page.|
Oil Slick is the name of three fictional characters from the Transformers series. All are evil Decepticons with ground vehicle based alternate modes. The latest and most famous of the Transformers named Oil Slick was a reoccurring villain in the Transformers Animated television series.
Oil Slick's box featured a brief story about switching sides and hunting Crystal Widow.
Oil Slick has yet to appear in any fiction from the series, although a story from Fun Publications, called "Withered Hope" features Crystal Widow.
- Universe Deluxe Oil Slick with Search and Destroy robot (2004)
- A Deluxe sized vehicle. Oil Slick is a Decepticon redeco of Armada Sideswipe. His partner is an "Search and Destroy Robot" based on Sideswipe's Mini-Con partner Nightbeat. He was a K-Mart store exclusive who was packaged with Crystal Widow. This set was later discounted and sold through Big Lots stores.
The second Oil Slick is a Mini-Con who turns into a car.
He is a member of the Dirt Digger Team, a group of roughneck spies under the command of Grindow.
His biography was printed in issue 17 of the Transformers Collectors Club magazine. If you ever need a grappling-hook bumper, a mine laying tailpipe or retractable headlight howitzers, then Oil Slick is the Mini-Con to go to.
Oil Slick appeared in text story A New World by Fun Publications. He was one of the Mini-Cons who sided with Broadside in overthrowing Modus Prime. The Dirt Digger Team sabotaged the beacon set up on Cybertron to signal the Autobots to return. When they were discovered by Hacksaw they Dirt Digger team attacked him.
- Classic Mini-Con Oil Slick (2007)
- A Mini-Con sized vehicle packaged with his partners Grindor and Dirt Rocket. His colors and shape are inspired by the General Lee from the Dukes of Hazard series.
Pictures of Oil Slick were released on the internet in February 2008.
Biography: Vehicle to vehicle combat is something all Transformers are skilled in, but with Oil Slick, it's a particular specialty. He knows more about how to disable and destroy a vehicle than almost anyone else in the galaxy. He knows that if he can break down the robot inside, the vehicle will come screaching to a halt. Canisters attached to his sides dump special chemicals that unlock the deepest fears of any robot exposed to them, while at the same time rotting wheels and burning through axles. Once the vehicle mode is destroyed, Oil Slick moves in close to finish off with his chain weapon.
Oil Slick appears in the season 3 episode "Transwarped", where he is a part of Strika's Team Chaar. He pours out an oil slick that causes Brawn and Ironhide (Armorhide in the Japanese version) to spin out of control, setting them up for the saboteur Cyclonus to defeat them. Oil Slick also uses the show's version of the Cosmic Rust to enrust Rodimus Prime. A virtual reality version of Oil Slick briefly appears in the episode "Human Error, part one."
Oil Slick's biography was printed in issue #24 of the Transformers Collectors Club magazine. He was depicted as a cruel scientist who is good at making weapons.
Oil Slick appeared in the Transformers: Timelines story "The Stunt-Con Job". After the events of Transformers Animated the Stunticons set up a Stunt Convoy show in the city of Kaon and used it as cover to attempt to break Megatron out of his detention at Trypticon. Their efforts were thwarted thanks to the efforts of Cheetor, Optimus Prime and Sideswipe. The Stunticons were placed in detention with Megatron and an attempt to rescue them was made by the Decepticons Blot, Mindwipe, Oil Slick, Scalpel, Sky-Byte and Strika.
- Animated Deluxe Oil Slick (2008)
- A Deluxe sized figure that transforms into a Chopper. Comes with two barrels; one has an opening storage lid, and the other splits into a chain weapon. The chain, however, is shorter than the one depicted on the photo on the back of the package. His existence first came to light when his toy was displayed at Toy Fair 2007..
- Animated Deluxe Toxic Oil Slick (unreleased)
- A metallic redeco of the Deluxe Oil Slick figure.
- Animated Deluxe Oil Slick TA-42 (Takara Tomy)
- Scheduled for release on October 2010, the Japanese version by Takara Tomy sports a metallic green finish in contrast to the matte color of the Hasbro version.
- Battle in Box Sets and 20th Anniversary Optimus Prime at Big Lots
- Oil Slick - Transformers Classics - Toy Gallery
- New Classic Minicons Bios revealed
- The Inside Scoop on Transformers Collector's Club Magazine #17
- Greg Sepelak and S. Trent Troop (2007). The New World. Fun Publications.
- First Pics of Animated Jazz and Oilslick!
- Marty Isenberg, Derrick J. Wyatt & Matt Youngberg (w), Marcelo Matere (p), Marcelo Matere (i), Thomas Deer & Jesse Wittenrich (col), Jesse Wittenrich (let), Pete Sinclair & Brian Savage (ed). ""The Stunt-Con Job"" Transformers: Timelines v2, 6 (Summer 2011), Fun Publications
- New Images of Animated Oil Slick, First Glimpse of Jazz
- Takara Tomy - TA-42 Oil Slick