Mario Nawfal (born 11 February) is an Australian-based Lebanese serial entrepreneur, angel investor, and speaker. He is presently the CEO of the Athena Group of Companies, which operates in over 40 countries and has over 15 subsidiaries.
Nawfal is a partner at International Blockchain Legal LLP and the creator of We are Growth Hackers, IBC Group, and NFT Technologies. As an investor, Nawfal has helped a lot of businesses succeed across a variety of sectors, including FinTech, Marketing, Consulting, Fitness, and E-commerce.
As of 2022, his net worth is predicted to be approximately $130 million.
Early life and education
Nawfal was born in Lebanon on February 11th, 1983. He migrated to Australia when he was six years old. He later earned a degree in banking and finance from Monash University.
Nawfal began his career in 2012, when he established the Athena Group of Companies, a worldwide conglomerate with activities in more than 40 countries. His company has 15 subsidiaries, one of which is Froothie International, which sells blenders. Using bootstrapping strategies and a $300 initial investment, Nawfal catapulted Froothie over $1 million in the first year and over $10 million in the next year.
Following the success of Froothie, Nawfal introduced HX, Vie, FX, and Prestige Home Appliances under the Athena Group in 2014. HZ is a worldwide personal mobility business; Vie sells nicotine, CBD, and Vitamin E-Cigarettes; FX is a fitness company; and Prestige Home Products sells high-end kitchen appliances.
Nawfal founded the GoGlobal business scaling incubator in 2016, which expanded into the Athena Group of Companies. A year later, he founded International Blockchain Consulting, which has grown to become a blockchain and cryptocurrency industry expert, with a notable network of specialists in over 40 countries.
In 2018, Nawfal created IGC, a Cannabis & Hemp Consulting business, and IBA, a Blockchain Accounting firm. He also founded IBI Ventures and then joined the Blockchain Law Firm, IBL, as a partner and stock holder.
Nawfal established Zense, a firm that educates entrepreneurs how to build a profitable business on a shoestring budget, in 2019. In the same year, he became a partner with North Equities.
Nawfal founded We Are Growth Hackers in 2020, and in only two years, it has grown to become one of the world's biggest growth hacking organisations. The next year, he founded Drop Service Mafia, a platform aimed to aiding other entrepreneurs in expanding their companies.
In 2021, Nawfal departed IBC to focus on his most recent endeavour, NFT Technologies, a portfolio company sponsored by influential cryptocurrency figures including Jeremy Gardener, Adam de Cata (Decentraland), and Curt Marvis (Lionsgate).
Nawfal came to popularity on Clubhouse in 2021 after being temporarily barred from the audio sharing app despite controlling "The Roundtable," the platform's most popular business sector. His room had 55,000 followers in its first month before famed entrepreneur Jason Calacanis started targeting prominent clubhouse members, accusing them of being "scam course providers."
Calacanis told his followers to report Mario, even though Mario never sold any coaching or course packages and instead made a point of exposing scammers. After that, Nawfal's account was quickly frozen for review, and he lost access to the community. People sent Clubhouse a lot of emails and tweets, and an online petition was started to get Nawfal back on the show.
Late in 2018, after being deceived by a close senior management at one of his enterprises, Mario started pursuing Bachata as his single escape from business. In 2019, after daily hours of training, Nawfal started visiting festivals. His initial seminars in Turkey were completely scheduled around the nation.
Nawfal is also featured at a number of conferences and talk programmes, where he provides his industry knowledge and business-building advice.
- "Mario Nawfal - Co-Founder & Chief Executive Officer @ NFT Tech - Crunchbase Person Profile" (in en). https://www.crunchbase.com/person/mario-nawfal. Retrieved 4 August 2022.
- "1140: Being Humble Enough to Learn from Others with Mario Nawfal Founder and Owner of Athena Group of Companies". 18 March 2019. http://theentrepreneurway.com/podcast/1140-being-humble-enough-to-learn-from-others-with-mario-nawfal-founder-and-owner-of-athena-group-of-companies/. Retrieved 4 August 2022.
- Whitlock, Warren (10 October 2021). "Mario Nawfal". https://coinagenda.com/mario-nawfal/. Retrieved 4 August 2022.
- "Mario Nawfal - Colloquium". https://www.nftcon.co/speakers/mario-nawfal. Retrieved 4 August 2022.
- "Mario Nawfal" (in en). 5 January 2022. https://theentrepreneurethos.com/mario-nawfal/. Retrieved 4 August 2022.
- Ralph, David (5 June 2019). "Froothie Founder Mario Nawfal: Million Dollar Startup". https://joinupdots.com/podcast/froothie-founder-mario-nawfal-starting-a-million-dollar-biz-on-300/. Retrieved 4 August 2022.
- "Essential Crypto - Beginner to Pro | Listen on JioSaavn #SaavnOriginals". https://www.jiosaavn.com/shows/Inside-Track-with-Mario-Nawfal-CEO-of-NFT-Technologies/yLhfIWyYDtc_. Retrieved 4 August 2022.
- "Growth Hacking Success with Mario Nawfal" (in en). https://www.podpage.com/sam-mantini/growth-hacking-success-with-mario-nawfal/. Retrieved 4 August 2022.
- "106: Mario Nawfal: Blockchain, NFTs, and the Metaverse" (in en). https://www.audible.com/pd/106-Mario-Nawfal-Blockchain-NFTs-and-the-Metaverse-Podcast/B09VLDP71X. Retrieved 4 August 2022.
- "Entrepreneur On Fire | Mario Nawfal: Growth Hacking Success". https://www.eofire.com/podcast/marionawfal/. Retrieved 4 August 2022.
- "Ep #99 Interview With Mario Nawfal Founder of 14 Companies Operating In 40+ Countries - Roman Prokopchuk's Digital Savage Experience Podcast" (in en). https://www.digitalsavageexperience.com/ep-99-interview-with-mario-nawfal-founder-of-14-companies-operating-in-40-countries-roman-prokopchuks-digital-savage-experience-podcast/. Retrieved 4 August 2022.
- Patel, Jinit. "Mario Nawfal". https://ibcgroup.io/dvteam/mario-nawfal/. Retrieved 4 August 2022.
- "Mario Nawfal". https://www.thecryptoupdates.com/author/mario/. Retrieved 4 August 2022.
- "This founder just listed his NFT company on a Toronto stock exchange with a valuation over $17 million. Here's why he thinks it's a good time for crypto firms to go public.". https://finance.yahoo.com/news/founder-just-listed-nft-company-235422749.html. Retrieved 4 August 2022.
- Sachdeva, Sahil. "Story from Sahil Sachdeva: Meet 5 business leaders gearing up for an exceptional 2022". https://www.usatoday.com/story/sponsor-story/sahil-sachdeva/2022/04/14/meet-5-business-leaders-gearing-up-exceptional-2022/7304698001/. Retrieved 4 August 2022.
- Wilson, Kyle. "This founder just listed his NFT company on a Toronto stock exchange with a valuation over $17 million. Here's why he thinks it's a good time for crypto firms to go public.". https://www.businessinsider.com/nft-technologies-public-listing-toronto-neo-stock-exchange-2022-5. Retrieved 4 August 2022.
- "Mario Nawfal" (in en). https://www.clubhouse.com/@marionawfal. Retrieved 4 August 2022.
- "First Ever TEDxMithibaiCollege Announces Speaker Line-up for 2022 Event" (in en). https://www.freepressjournal.in/press-release/first-ever-tedxmithibaicollege-announces-speaker-line-up-for-2022-event. Retrieved 4 August 2022.
- Kaminski, Henry. "How to Grow + Build your Influence on Clubhouse Featuring Mario Nawfal". https://uniquedesignz.net/podcast/how-to-grow-build-your-influence-on-clubhouse-featuring-mario-nawfal/. Retrieved 4 August 2022.