|The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's notability guideline for sports and athletics. Please help to establish notability by adding reliable, secondary sources about the topic. If notability cannot be established, the article is likely to be merged, redirected, or deleted. (November 2011)|
High school career
From 1985 to 1989, Fitsioris played college basketball with Westminster. He was a three year starter and the co-captain during his senior season when he averaged 15.7 points per game and made 31 of 66 three point shots while shooting 55 percent overall from the field.
Fitsioris started his professional career with Panionios in 1989. He played with the team in their 1994 European Cup Radivoj Korac semi-final run. Fitsioris contributed (making 2 out of 3 for 4 points and one rebound) to Panionios Athen's 99-79 victory over AEK alongside the future second-round NBA pick Ed Stokes on February 11, 1993.
Fitsioris parents, Marta and George, where born in Greece but moved to the United States after they got married.
- Rich Emert (3 January 1985). "Sh-h-h-h. Mt. Lebanon's Fitsioris an ultra-secret weapon". The Pittsburgh Press. https://www.newspapers.com/image/146573301/.
- "Mt. Lebanon's Fitsioris playing pro basketball in Greece". Pittsburgh Post-Gazette: p. 13. 22 November 1989. https://www.newspapers.com/image/88690459.
- Matt Assad (5 January 1989). "Area trio playing key role for Titans". The Pittsburgh Press: p. S14. https://www.newspapers.com/image/144838934/.
- George Dziamniski (2 March 1989). "Ex-rivals team up to shine in college". The Pittsburg Press. https://www.newspapers.com/image/144844438/.
- "Panionios BC - AEK | European Cup Radivoj Korac 1994". FIBA Europe. http://www.fibaeurope.com/cid_KNce8jInH7Qj1EsyH5rjn2.gameID_1163-55-B-2.compID_MsfTeemRHYovSUdkYV76x0.season_1994.roundID_2549.html. Retrieved 2013-08-10.
- Jim Wexell (11 December 2002). "Northgate burning to build upon its playoff experience". Pittsburgh Post-Gazette: p. N15. https://www.newspapers.com/image/90434396/.
- Mike White (15 October 2003). "Plewa decides he, Northgate are a fit". Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. https://www.post-gazette.com/highschoolsports/20031015hscoach1015p2.asp.
|The below content is licensed according to Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License contrary to the public domain logo at the foot of the page. It originally appeared on http://en.wikipedia.org. The original article might still be accessible here. You may be able to find a list of the article's previous contributors on the talk page.|