Interactio is an audio streaming simultaneous interpretation mobile system that fully replaces traditional simultaneous interpretation hardware. The app enables remote real-time audio streaming in conferences, trainings, corporate meetings, silent conferences and other live events, but can also be used for overflow audiences, streaming original sound.
Interactio’s audio streaming solution is used to stream interpretation from interpreter’s computer to event participants’ phones, computers or tablets. With laptop and WiFi, broadband data service or a call-in number, any kind of audio can stream to listeners’ phones or tablets via mobile app. Interactio also provides training for technical staff, communicational materials and additional technical features, all customized to specific needs.
While the mobile system is mostly used for simultaneous interpretation, it can also be used to simply stream original audio. Recently this possibility has been gaining more and more attention for overflow audiences during conferences like IBTM World and IMEX America.
Interactio was founded in 2014 by Henrikas Rapolas Urbonas, Simona Andrijauskaite, and Domas Labokas in Lithuania, Europe. Guided by their mission to eliminate physical barriers for simultaneous interpretation and audio streaming, they turned their three people project to an international company in a couple of years.
In 2014, Interactio was evaluated as one of the 7 most prospective startups in Lithuania by “Startup Lithuania” and was covered by multiple bloggers in Asian countries. In 2016, Interactio received WSA award, initiated by United Nations. It was also rewarded among top 10 innovations by IBTM World, a Global trade show for events and meetings industry. In 2017, founders were nominated for Global Lithuanian Leaders award for Lithuanian Ideas Spread Globally. In 2018, Interactio got nominated among top 12 leaders at World Creative Business Cup. Interactio is recognized by technology journalists worldwide as one of the best startups in Lithuania. Interactio came first out of five finalists at IMEX Pitch annual competition.
- Interactio Overview. SaaS Genius. Retrieved 30 April 2019
- Iteractio turnover of the year. rekvizitai.vz.lt. Retrieved 21 January 2019
- Interactio raised 580k Eur. 31 May 2017. Retrieved 05 May 2019 Startup Lithuania.
- Startup Of The Week: Interactio. Startup Lithuania. 03 July 2017. Retrieved 13 May 2019
- World Summit Awards, winners. Retrieved Retrieved 02 May 2019
- Interactio.io - Live audio and translation on your phone. Retrieved 02 May 2019.
- Interactio.io - Live audio and translation on your phone. Retrieved 02 May 2019
- GLLA Awards, nominees. Retrieved 03 May 2019
- Lithuania is among the top finalists at the Creative Business Cup 2018 competition. Retrieved 13 May 2019
- Kennedy, John (15 February 2018). 12 very exciting start-ups from Vilnius to watch. Silicon Republichttps://www.siliconrepublic.com/. Retrieved 13 May 2019
- Sinchroninio Vertimo Transliavimas Telefonu. miita.lt. Retrieved 14 May 2019