Ian Scarffe is best known as an Australian serial entrepreneur, investor, and philanthropist. He has established numerous companies, marketed high-profile clientele brands, and consulted for a range of multi-million-dollar companies. Most recently, he has also emerged as a global influencer in Blockchain and Fin-tech building a social media reach of over 10 million people. Ian Scarffe business acumen has earned him such respect that he was elected by the world's foremost business leaders for various board positions of the Entrepreneurs' Organisation; the premier, peer to peer, global community, network, and resource for entrepreneurs, with more than 6,600 members worldwide in approximately 108 chapters and 38 countries. 
Ian Scarffe was born in Adelaide, Australia. He is the son of Lenard Scarffe and Elvie Mc Mahon. His ancestry includes, Italian and Irish. His mother Elvie was an entrepreneur and founded many companies and was a prominent business owner throughout her life, she began her early days of Entrepreneurship as a colorist for a photographic studio. Early in his life, Ian attended modeling academy, and graduated in this field, he participated in various runway shows and television commercials, this later gave him the passion for fashion. Later in his life, Scarffe was encouraged by his parents to pursue a career in computer engineering. When he was young, he became fascinated with electronics and spent most of his childhood building electronic components from kits he purchased from an electronics store. In the early '80s, he bought one of the first commodore 64 computers and started to learn how to write software. He is known to have been a rebel at school and after having to leave the school he attended, he was left with no alternative but to start work.
Ian’s first job was painting school chairs and his second job was car detailing. At the age of 17, he established his own car detailing company, and it was this company that managed to secure a contract with the Australian Formula One Grand Prix. His company was awarded, by the Confederation of Australian Motor Sport (CAMS), honors for support and assistance to the cleanliness of the 1991 Australian Formula One Grand Prix. Scarffe was nominated in 1986 for the BHP Bicentennial Youth Award and Small Business of the year awards. Ian Scarffe was also invited by the Chief Justice of South Australia, The Honourable John Doyle to be one of the business delegates required to provide business input at the inaugural “consulting the community conference” for South Australia. In 2001, Ian Scarffe was invited to become a Membership Chairperson of the Adelaide Chapter of the EO a worldwide Entrepreneurs' Organisation - the premier, peer to peer, global community, network, and resource for entrepreneurs, with more than 6,600 members worldwide in approximately 108 chapters and 38 countries. June 2003 Ian Scarffe was asked by Australia’s premier Wealth Creator Magazine to participate in an interview regarding his achievements so far. The article was a 2-page spread that was published in the August 2003 edition. Ian Scarffe continues to be an avid entrepreneur, investor, and consultant. Ian Scarffe is a Top Global Influencer in Blockchain and Fintech and consults for a range of multi-million-dollar companies.
Blockchain Advising and Consulting (partial list)
Scarffe advises and consults for a range of Blockchain companies with stake in various sectors including:
- European Commission - Independent Expert - Horizons 2020
- OpenBiSea - Advisor
- Studyum - Advisor
- ICObench - #1 / #2 Top Ranked Expert of Global list - People of Blockchain
- International Deal Gateway - Founding Member - Ambassador.
- European Digital Assets Exchange - Advisor / Consultant / Partner
- ICO Holder - Number 1 Ranked top Blockchain Advisor 
- TecraCoin - Blockchain Advisor / Consultant
- Shufti Pro - Advisor
- Yatchco - Advisor
Marina Pods and clean energy
In 2017, Ian Scarffe founded Marina Pods, a concept design company in an attempt to redefine the marina industry. The ultimate goal is to bring sustainable and clean solutions to recreational boating on the coastlines of Europe. Pilot phases have explored a variety of innovative concepts which create environmentally friendly clean marinas. The demand for moorings and supporting tourism infrastructure is ever-expanding throughout Europe. Having the opportunity to work with some of the world’s leading companies in the maritime industry on bespoke pontoon-based Marina Pods, powered by clean energy, is a career highlight for Scarffe. Offering an entirely new maritime tourism experience, Marina Pods are also a versatile option in areas otherwise inaccessible. The latest technology, and some of the world’s best maritime designers, have achieved taking the stress out of your sailing days. Ian Scarffe is an internationally certified recreational yacht skipper having chartered European and Australian waters for the last two decades. Having enjoyed most of his life as a recreational boater, scuba diver, and marine and fishing enthusiast across the world, the Marina Pods concept grew from a humble observation of the problems faced by skippers using traditional marinas in Europe.
Elvie Mary Foundation
Ian established the Elvie Mary Foundation after his late mother passed away from Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma. Elvie Mary was a woman who touched the lives of hundreds of people throughout her life. Her strong faith and belief in the greater good of humanity were with her throughout her entire life. The foundation in her footsteps aims to touch as many lives as possible through the philanthropic efforts of Ian Scarffe. Assisting charities across Europe and Australia, the much-needed financial assistance helps those who work so hard to support and care for our most vulnerable. Ian Scarffe honors the memory of his mother, a blessed and beautiful woman, who inspired others with her positive attitude and strong will to support her family amidst even the most trying times.
Scarffe has written two books to help others: The Ultimate Guide to Bitcoin and Cryptocurrency 2018 Blockchain Basics 2020
Recognition of Ian Scarffe’s Success
- Nominated for the BHP Bicentennial Youth Award and Small Business of the year awards
- He was asked by the Australian Formula One Grand Prix Board of Directors to assist and help develop an impact study of the Grand Prix in Australia and Small Business in Australia. (Ref: Price Waterhouse Economic Evaluation)
- He was invited by the Chief Justice of South Australia, The Honourable John Doyle, to be one of the business delegates required to provide business input at the inaugural “consulting the community conference”
- He was invited to become the Membership Chairperson of EO a worldwide Entrepreneur Organisation.
- He was invited to the Hewlett-Packard Adelaide University Entrepreneurs Challenge as a mentor.
- He was invited by the Premier of South Australia to become a Business Ambassador for South Australia.
- He was a Semi-Finalists in the Ernst and Young – Entrepreneur of the Year Awards.
- He was asked by Australia’s premier Wealth Creator Magazine to participate in an interview regarding his business achievements.
- He was invited to participate in the Business Essentials CD Disk. Approximately 10,000 CDs are distributed to business owners and senior managers throughout Australia.
- He was invited by Better Business magazine if they could publish his tips on building a successful business.
- He was elected by the world's foremost business leaders for the board position of Sponsorship Chairman of the Entrepreneurs' Organisation.
- He was awarded the right to chair the EO Global Student Entrepreneur Awards (GSEA) in Poland. The GSEA is the premier global competition for students who own and operate a business.
- He was invited by Business Australia to become an acting panel member.
- Ian Scarffe is featured in the card game Bitcoinopoly. He is featured as No.1 Blockchain Advisor.
Education and Further Studies
- Completed the Centre for Innovation and Hayes Knight – Costing For Services Program.
- Completed the Australian Business Excellence Framework Program, Strategems (Improving Quality Systems and Processes Workshop)
- Completed the Success Motivational Institute Inc.- Professionalism in Selling.
- Completed the MMA - Marketing for Services program.
- Completed the Centre for Innovation and Business – Negotiation Skills Workshop program.
- Studied the Global Entrepreneurship Monitor, released by the internationally renowned Kauffman Centre for Entrepreneurial Leadership and the London Business School.
- Completed South Australian AIM Institute of Management analyzing financial information for Corporate Enterprise.
- Completed the Centre for Innovation and Business – Marketing for Services Workshop program.
- Completed the Commonwealth Governments – Growing Investment to Grow Regional Business workshop program.
- Completed the BDO - Strategic Planning for Growth Workshop program.
- Completed the Centre for Innovation and Business – Successfully Contracting and Winning Tenders Workshop.
- Completed Thomas A Edison’s Foundation UBS Wealth Management Course with YEO, Sydney University
- Completed the Business Vision 2010 course, Making a Difference Through Benchmarking.
- Undertook the YEO’s Horizon Leader Forum
- Completed the SA Centre for Business and Innovation’s - Designing Smarter Projects
- Completed the Life Pilot Workshop, presented by Peter H. Thomas, Founder of Century 21.
- Completed the Young Entrepreneurs Organisation Switzerland – St Moritz University, presented by Boulder Quantum Ventures.
- Completed the Proactive Trade Sale Strategic Workshop Training Program and Exit Ready Index, presented by Australia’s Leading Professor – Professor of Entrepreneurship Dr. Tom McKaskill. Australian Graduate School of Entrepreneurship – Swinburne University and in conjunction with KPMG.
- ↑ "As the world’s only peer-to-peer network exclusively for entrepreneurs, EO helps transform the lives of those who transform the world.". https://hub.eonetwork.org/Web/About_Public/Our_History/Web/About%20Public/Our-History.aspx?hkey=f4821fc9-86e6-4d89-a759-8b75dc5a8e67https://hub.eonetwork.org/Web/About_Public/Our_History/Web/About%20Public/Our-History.aspx?hkey=f4821fc9-86e6-4d89-a759-8b75dc5a8e67https://hub.eonetwork.org/Web/About_Public/Our_History/Web/About%20Public/Our-History.aspx?hkey=f4821fc9-86e6-4d89-a759-8b75dc5a8e67https://hub.eonetwork.org/Web/About_Public/Our_History/Web/About%20Public/Our-History.aspx?hkey=f4821fc9-86e6-4d89-a759-8b75dc5a8e67.
- ↑ "International Deal Gateway". https://dealgateway.com/.
- ↑ "European Digital Assests Exchange". https://edsx.ch/.
- ↑ "Top ICO Advisors". https://icoholder.com/en/ico-advisors.
- ↑ "Marina Pods". https://marinapods.com/.
- ↑ "Elvie Mary Foundation". https://www.elviemaryfoundation.org/.
- ↑ "The Ultimate Guide to Bitcoin and Cryptocurrency Kindle Edition". https://www.amazon.in/Ultimate-Guide-Bitcoin-Cryptocurrency-ebook/dp/B07KYYCWCP.
- ↑ "eo". https://hub.eonetwork.org/.
- ↑ "ENTREPRENEURS' CHALLENGE LAUNCHED". https://www.adelaide.edu.au/news/news501.html.
- ↑ "EY Entrepreneur Of The Year™ Australia". https://www.ey.com/en_au/entrepreneur-of-the-year/australia.
- ↑ "The EO Global Student Entrepreneur Awards (GSEA)". https://gsea.org/.
- ↑ "Bitcoinopoly A card game for people who want to go to the moon". https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/bitcoinopoly/bitcoinopoly.