HelloGold Sdn Bhd, also known as HelloGold, is a fintech investment company headquartered in Malaysia. The company follows Sharia-compliant finance standards which is a banking or activity that complies with sharia (Islamic law).
HelloGold was founded in 2015 by Robin Lee and Ridwan Abdullah. Robin is the former CFO of World Gold Council. HelloGold became the World’s First Shariah Compliant Gold Savings company, endorsed by the Shariah Supervisory Board of Amanie Advisors in 2016.
Awards & honors
- World Islamic Fintech Award 2018 as Best Islamic Wealth Management Fintech Company
- In 2018, the Global Entrepreneurship Movement Association (GEMA) announced HelloGold as a winner of the TENXCLUB - an initiative under the Malaysian Ministry of Finance
- Most Innovative Islamic Product Award 2017
- TechMatch ASEAN Award 2017
- Prominent in Wealth, Asset & Investment Management of the Year 2018
- "HelloGold Teams up with Curlec to Automate Monthly Gold Investments". 24 April 2019. https://fintechnews.my/20574/wealthtech-malaysia/hellogold-curlec-smartsaver/.
- "HelloGold making gold savings accessible to all". https://www.nst.com.my/business/2019/05/484883/hellogold-making-gold-savings-accessible-all.
- "HelloGold: World’s First Shariah Compliant Gold Savings Platform". Disruptor Daily. 27 February 2018. https://www.disruptordaily.com/disruption-blockchain-part-48-robin-lee-hellogold/.
- "Democratisation of assets". 27 December 2016. https://www.theedgemarkets.com/article/democratisation-assets.
- "Malaysia’s HelloGold making gold savings accessible to all | Salaam - Global Islamic Economy Gateway". https://www.salaamgateway.com/en/story/malaysias_hellogold_making_gold_savings_accessible_to_all-SALAAM02052019100607/.
- "Online gold platform HelloGold endorsed as Shariah-compliant" (in en). Finextra Research. 6 December 2016. https://www.finextra.com/pressarticle/67317/online-gold-platform-hellogold-endorsed-as-shariah-compliant.
- "HelloGold's goal: To have a platform where everyone can buy gold securely" (in en). 15 March 2017. https://www.digitalnewsasia.com/startups/hellogold-goals-have-platform-where-everyone-can-buy-gold-securely.
- "Islamic finance standards spur development of gold, silver products" (in en). 20 December 2016. https://www.reuters.com/article/us-islamic-finance-gold/islamic-finance-standards-spur-development-of-gold-silver-products-idUSKBN1490VH.
- "Meet the 15 startups chosen to join Thailand’s D-NEXT programme" (in en). https://e27.co/meet-15-startups-chosen-join-thailands-d-next-programme-20180525/.
- "Malaysian firm HelloGold plans to catapult online gold platform" (in en). https://www.apherald.com/Politics/ViewArticle/297602/Malaysian-firm-HelloGold-plans-to-catapult-online-gold-platform-in-Thailand/.
- "It's gold baby! Malaysia investment startup raises Series A from 500 Startups" (in en). https://e27.co/gold-baby-malaysia-investment-startup-raises-series-500-startups-20180418/.
- "Exclusive: Hellogold closes Series A at $12m valuation, to raise $8m via ICO". https://www.dealstreetasia.com/stories/exclusive-hellogold-closes-series-a-at-12m-valuation-to-raise-8m-via-ico-82689/.
- Lago, Cristina (3 December 2018). "HelloGold wins World Islamic Fintech Award" (in en). https://www.cio.com/article/3323414/malaysian-startup-wins-world-islamic-fintech-award.html.
- "Hellogold wins World Islamic Fintech Award" (in en). www.thesundaily.my. https://www.thesundaily.my/media-marketing/hellogold-wins-world-islamic-fintech-award-BM187627.
- "GEM: Six startups enter exclusive club" (in en). http://www.thesundaily.my/news/2018/02/22/gem-six-startups-enter-exclusive-club.
- "Malaysia's HelloGold Wins "Most Innovative Islamic Product Award"". Fintech News Malaysia. 16 November 2017. https://fintechnews.my/14517/blockchain/hellogold-wins-innovative-islamic-retail-product-award/.
- "Malaysia's online gold trading startup HelloGold wins TechMatch ASEAN 2017" (in en). https://e27.co/malaysias-online-gold-trading-startup-hellogold-wins-techmatch-asean-2017-20171220/.
- profile, Vincent Fong is the Chief Editor for FintechNews Malaysia He's also recently created a twitter; Here, Show Him Some Love at (7 March 2018). "Winners for Malaysia's First Fintech Award". https://fintechnews.my/16713/malaysia/winners-for-malaysias-first-fintech-award/.