Goldminer is a heroic fictional character created by Play With This Too as part of their Lost Protectors series. He is a member of the Lost Protectors with an Aegis armor. He carries a rifle, sword, baton and drill weapon. He has a Tech Drone squire named R-Tool who loves working all day.
Goldminer is an homage to Transformers Lander and Landmine.
Art for Goldminer was first revealed at Rhode Island Comic Con 2014.
Ankhor, Astroblast and Goldminer were initially announced to be stretch goals in the unsuccessful Lost Protectors Kickstarter, but they did not end up being among those goals when the campaign was launched.
The legs on R-Tool were used for the Tech Drone D-Mon on their second unsuccessful Kickstarter campaign.
The Repacked Podcast podcast for October 28th, 2014 discussed Aaron Archer and Simon Furman joining Play With This Too as well as the toys of Goldminer and Jetwash in the news. One host loved the designs, but another worried that Hasbro would not allow them to go forward with the Kickstarter.
Goldminer wears a living Aegis battle suit powered by the primal forces of the universe. It grants him enhanced strength, durability and longevity, as well as having numerous weapons. His suit also provides breathable air and protection from harsh environmental conditions including under water and the vacuum of space. His weapons include a baton, his Big Boss Sword and The 49er, a powerful explosive plasma cannon. He has a Tech Drone companion named R-Tool who turns into a scout car or backpack.
According to the biography for Skull-F, when Bloodbath first sought aid from the shadowy realm known as the Null Miasma, he first sought an ally he could control, a mid-level demon of war and savagery. Thanks to Goldminer's interference, the demon's very essence was inverted, and what was pulled through was a lovable, well-meaning creature rather than a slathering engine of destruction.
- Goldminer character sheet by Mathew Robert Ignash for Hero 4th edition role playing game.
- R-Tool character sheet by Mathew Robert Ignash for Hero 4th edition role playing game.
- Play With This Too Lost Protectors Goldminer with R-Tool (unreleased)
- A 1:12 scale articulated figure with interchangeable hands and heads. He has numerous 5mm connector ports. He comes with a sword, rifle, drill, baton and alternate armored head. The rifle, drill and baton can combined with R-Tool.
- Goldminer shares some parts with Ankhor, Astro Spreem, Astroblast, Iron Strike, Landmass and Mainsail.
- Comes with his Tech Drone companion R-Tool, who is a 1:12 scale articulated figure made with 5mm pegs and holes. Turns from robot to scout car or backpack. He has a 3mm hole in the bottom of each foot. He can combine with Goldminer's sword and baton to become a jackhammer or combine with his drill and baton to become an auger. Shares a mold with R-Deco and shares legs with D-Kay, D-Mon and R-Mix.
- Craig Moore (October 28th, 2014). "Repacked Podcast". http://www.repackedpodcast.com/ (Podcast). Repacked Podcast. http://www.repackedpodcast.com/archives/1474.
- Josh (November 1st, 2014). "Cybercast". https://www.youtube.com/user/G1Hexatron?feature=watch (Podcast). Josh. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GGtpbT_sh7E.