Difference between revisions of "Deleted:Winter sports in the United States"
Latest revision as of 16:28, 11 October 2019
|The below content is licensed according to Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License contrary to the public domain logo at the foot of the page. It originally appeared on http://en.wikipedia.org. The original article might still be accessible here. You may be able to find a list of the article's previous contributors on the talk page.|
|This page was listed for deletion discussion per Wikipedia's deletion policy, but it may not meet deletion criteria on WikiAlpha and as such has been preserved here; it may have the potential to be moved to article space. Check to see if the article meets the criteria for publishing on WikiAlpha.|
Biathlon is something Americans have been successful at internationally.
Snowboarding was once a popular and trendy sport amongst the youth of America in the 1990s and 2000s, but has declined in popularity since the early 2010s due to the expense of the sport.
- "The Future of Winter Sports and Recreation". https://www.neefusa.org/nature/land/future-winter-sports-and-recreation. Retrieved 12 March 2019.
- Minsberg, Talya (23 February 2018). "How to Get Started With Olympic Winter Sports". https://www.nytimes.com/2018/02/23/smarter-living/how-to-get-started-with-olympic-winter-sports.html. Retrieved 12 March 2019.
- "Mystery solved: What Winter Olympic sport has the U.S. never medaled in?". https://sports.yahoo.com/mystery-solved-winter-sport-u-s-never-medaled-214012020.html. Retrieved 12 March 2019.
- Higgins, Matt (March 6, 2016). "Snowboarding, Once a High-Flying Sport, Crashes to Earth". https://www.nytimes.com/2016/03/07/sports/snowboarding-once-a-high-flying-sport-crashes-to-earth.html.
- "Why snowboarding is fading in popularity". January 23, 2015. https://nypost.com/2015/01/23/why-snowboarding-is-fading-in-popularity/.
- "Snowboarding declining in stats, coolness". December 26, 2013. https://www.denverpost.com/2013/12/26/snowboarding-declining-in-stats-coolness/.
- "Is snowboarding melting in popularity?". February 23, 2015. https://www.ocregister.com/2015/02/23/is-snowboarding-melting-in-popularity/.
- "Don't Believe the Hype: Youth Snowboarding is Thriving". March 6, 2018. https://www.snowsports.org/dont-believe-hype-youth-snowboarding-thriving/.
- "United States seeing uptick in diversity for Winter Olympics team". https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/winter-olympics-2018/2018/02/05/united-states-seeing-uptick-diversity-winter-olympics-team/308775002/. Retrieved 12 March 2019.
- Douglas, William (3 February 2018). "2018 Winter Olympics: Numbers show black athletes making inroads in winter sports". https://www.smh.com.au/sport/2018-winter-olympics-numbers-show-black-athletes-making-inroads-in-winter-sports-20180203-h0t45c.html. Retrieved 12 March 2019.
- "Economic report" (PDF). 2018. https://gzg764m8l73gtwxg366onn13-wpengine.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/POW_2018_economic_report-1.pdf.
- "Winter sports face a double threat, from climate and demographic change". 27 January 2018. https://www.economist.com/international/2018/01/27/winter-sports-face-a-double-threat-from-climate-and-demographic-change. Retrieved 12 March 2019.
- "Trying to make Team USA look more like America". The Washington Post. 2018-02-04. https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/olympics/trying-to-make-team-usa-look-more-like-america/2018/02/02/422ca13a-04fe-11e8-8777-2a059f168dd2_story.html. Retrieved 2019-07-17.
- Graham, Bryan Armen (25 February 2018). "USA fell short at the Winter Olympics and things could get worse". https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2018/feb/25/team-usa-medals-total-winter-olympics-2018. Retrieved 12 March 2019.
- Doyle, Terrence (16 February 2018). "The U.S. Stunk At The Winter Olympics Until Extreme Sports Came Along". https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/the-u-s-stunk-at-the-winter-olympics-until-extreme-sports-came-along/. Retrieved 12 March 2019.
- Steinberg, Leigh. "5 Reasons Tiny Norway Dominates The U.S. In Winter Olympic Medals". https://www.forbes.com/sites/leighsteinberg/2018/02/20/norwaydominateswinterolympics/. Retrieved 12 March 2019.
- Lauletta, Tyler. "The US team is falling apart at the Winter Olympics and on pace to have its worst medal performance in 2 decades". https://www.businessinsider.com/usa-disappointing-medal-count-winter-olympics-2018-2. Retrieved 12 March 2019.