|The below content is licensed according to Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License contrary to the public domain logo at the foot of the page. It originally appeared on http://en.wikipedia.org. The original article might still be accessible here. You may be able to find a list of the article's previous contributors on the talk page.|
Template:Infobox station Laird is an underground light rail transit (LRT) station under construction on Line 5 Eglinton, a new line that is part of the Toronto subway system. It will be located in the Leaside neighbourhood at the intersection of Laird Drive and Eglinton Avenue. It is scheduled to open in 2021.
This station's entrances are both on the south side of Eglinton. The main entrance is at the southwest corner of the Laird Drive intersection replacing a small strip mall and the secondary one is east of that in the Leaside Centre parking lot, just beyond the Pier 1 Imports store.
At Laird station, there will be a third track between the eastbound and westbound tracks either to store a train or to allow a train to change direction due to an emergency or a change in service. Laird station is the last underground station eastbound in the main tunnel; the line will emerge in the Eglinton median about 250m east of Brentcliffe Drive.
Destinations include the many commercial establishments to the southeast: Leaside Centre, the SmartCentres on Laird, and the Leaside Business Park on Eglinton.
The following routes would serve this station according to the report presented at the board meeting on February 25, 2016:
|34||Eglinton||Westbound to Mount Dennis station and eastbound to Science Centre station|
|51||Leslie||Northbound to Steeles Avenue via Leslie station and southbound to Donlands station|
- "Laird Station". http://m.thecrosstown.ca/the-project/stations-and-stops/laird-station. Retrieved June 24, 2017.
- "Laird LRT stop will replace long-time Bagel maker". The South Bayview Bulldog. November 20, 2013. http://www.bayview-news.com/2013/11/laird-lrt-stop-will-replace-long-time-bagel-maker.html/. Retrieved June 24, 2017. "The main entrance will be built on the site of the strip mall on the southwest corner. Across Laird to the east, a second entrance will be built on the parking lot of the RioCan-owned Laird Centre on the southeast corner."
- "Eglinton Crosstown LRT Updates – July 2017". Metrolinx. July 14, 2017. http://mailchi.mp/metrolinx/eglinton-crosstown-lrt-updates?e=67918bdda5. Retrieved November 1, 2017.
- "Ontario Breaks Ground on Laird Station on Eglinton Crosstown LRT". Government of Ontario. June 30, 2016. https://news.ontario.ca/opo/en/2016/06/ontario-breaks-ground-on-laird-station-on-eglinton-crosstown-lrt.html. Retrieved June 30, 2016. "Work is beginning on Laird Station, located near the midpoint of the 19-kilometre Light Rail Transit (LRT) line. Construction began in March on Keelesdale, the first underground station. By the end of the summer, more than half of the underground stations on the 25-station line will be under construction."
- "Changes to TTC Bus Routes in Eglinton Corridor for Line 5 Rapid Transit Line". Toronto Transit Commission. February 25, 2016. https://ttc.ca/About_the_TTC/Commission_reports_and_information/Commission_meetings/2016/February_25/Reports/Changes_to_TTC_Bus_Routes_in_Eglinton_Corridor_for_Line_5_Ra.pdf.
- Laird Station project page at the Eglinton Crosstown website.