Betatron is a robot from the Micronauts series. Among the Trons he is the red one. His box calls out "unique spinning rotors."
Betatron was released by Mego in 1978. He was also released by Airfix.
Advertising for the Trons refereed to them as "The robot clowns."
Hasbro's new Betatron character was released at SDCC 2017.
1979 Marvel Comics
In the Marvel Comics Micronauts stories the Trons are the minions of Psycho-Man.
After Marvel Comics lost the license to Micronauts they never appeared again in the Marvel Universe.
2016 IDW Publishing
In the IDW Publishing Micronauts stories Betatron is the nervous Tron who was built by Microtron from spare parts.
Alphatron, Betatron and Gammatron appeared together in a 1979 Mego toy commercial.
- Mego Micronauts Betatron (1978)
- A 1:18 scale robot toy by Mego.
- Betatron shares parts with Alphatron and Gammatron and was designed using numerous parts from previous figures. His main body came from the Stratastation. His rotors and rotor arm came from the Microman Titan Command Base. His small arms came from Giant Acroyear. His antenna is reused from the 1977 Popy DX Voltes V.
- Airfix Micronauts Betatron
- Gig Micronauti Betatron
- A release of the Mego toy in Italy by Gig.
- Hasbro Revolution (2017)
- A box set of figures appearing in the Hasbro stories by IDW Publishing comics.
- Includes tiny figurines of classic characters of Acroyear, Baron Karza and Biotron. There is an Antron called Xant, a female Space Glider named Phenelo-Phi, a Time Traveler named Quin-Tillus and new characters using the classic Micronauts names Oberon, Betatron and Gammatron.
This article is a stub. You can help WikiAlpha by expanding it.