Barbaricles is a fictional character created by Play With This Too as part of their Lost Protectors series. He is the illegitimate son of Testostros and is recognized as the second strongest man in the universe, after his father. He may be a space pirate or vampire hunter. He wears a Babel Bracer which translates all languages and Tachyon Telegraph which can send and receive transmissions with an interplanetary range. He wears a ROIDs championship belt.
Barbaricles is an homage to the Dungeons & Dragons character Warduke. His helmet is inspired by the one worn by Pretender Starscream
Desolataur, whose parts went into the design for Barbaricles, was designed by Steve Redinger.
Mathew Robert Ignash suggested the name "The Hulking Hostilicles" for the figure that would eventually becomes Barbaricles. The initial design has the shoulder pad on his right shoulder like Muscules, but it was later moved to his left to be more like Warduke.
Barbaricles and Muscules were among the stretch goals for the unsuccessful Lost Protectors Kickstarter campaign. They were to be unlocked if the campaign raised at least $180,000.
In February 2015 Play With This Too released images of the prototype for Desolataur, which included parts used on Barbaricles.
In August 2015 Play With This Too released images of prototype parts for Jetstrike, which included parts used on Barbaricles.
Play With This Too intended to possibly give him a sword based on the sword that comes with Goldminer.
Barbaricles is the illegitimate son of Testostros and may be a space pirate or vampire hunter. He is the second strongest man in the universe, signified by his ROIDs belt. He wears a black sock over his head to hide his identity.
According to the biography for Muscules, his brother wishes to appeal the ROIDs decision on which of them is stronger.
- Play With This Too Lost Protectors Barbaricles (unreleased)
- A 1:12 scale articulated figure with interchangeable head and limbs. He has numerous 5mm connector ports. Comes with two sets of hands (open and closed), helmet, Blockbuster flail and championship belt. He has a 5mm hole in the bottom of each foot.
- Barbaricles' body is made of limbs and torso parts designed for Desolataur and Jetstrike, with the head and belt designed by Muscules. He shares the same design as Mean Bean Oaktree and Muscules, except for his shoulder pad, which is on the opposite shoulder.
- Barbaricles shares some parts with Baron Tuskador, Bitemark, Bloodbath, Bloodsoaked, Boneyard, Calaminous Haagenti, Catastropheles, Cloudstrike, Concept, Count Tuskules, Desolataur, Dungheap, Faststrike, Flarestrike, Gladiat-Ore, Impirator, Jetstrike, King Adder, Lord Tangent von Tuskuleser, Manvil Forgehead, Prince Carnos, Rawbat, Sir Fangramore LeVenomous, Sir Pythanore, Spine-FCKR, Stonebreaker, Stormstrike, Terrortops, Titanic Triceratops XD, Tri-Gorr, Viper Squire, Wastelander and Wrecktifier.
- Sunok Studios Barbaricles (unreleased)
- A 4.2 inch tall 1/18 scale action figure. Shares the same basic buck with Boneyard, El Toro Magnifico, Los Tigres, Manvil Forgehead, Mean Bean Oaktree, Muscules and Robusticus.