The medical devices company was founded by Todd Brown in 2001 after he suffered from an accident and could not find the right medical supplies for his spinal cord injury. It is a manufacturer of urological catheters, ostomy supplies and incontinence supplies. The company gives parts of its proceeds to Christopher & Dana Reeve Foundation, a New Jersey-based non-profit. In 2014, 180 Medical acquired Phoenix-based Symbius Medical for an undisclosed amount.
In 2017, the company was recognized as Ten BBB-accredited businesses to watch in the year while it was voted as Best Catheter Supplies Company during the GHP Healthcare and Pharmaceuticals Awards 2018.
- Garde, Damian. "ConvaTec snags catheter maker for $321M". FierceBiotech. https://www.fiercebiotech.com/medical-devices/convatec-snags-catheter-maker-for-321m. Retrieved September 4, 2012.
- HME News Staff (October 1, 2012). "ConvaTec acquires 180 Medical". HME News. HME News. http://www.hmenews.com/also-noted/convatec-acquires-180-medical.
- "180 Medical - 180 Medical is a medical devices company that offers urinary catheters, catheter supplies, and ostomy products.". Crunchbase. https://www.crunchbase.com/organization/180-medical#section-overview.
- Leven, Rachel (July 20, 2010). "Todd Brown, 180 Medical: Turning An Accident Into A Million-Dollar Opportunity". Huffington Post. Huffington Post. https://www.huffingtonpost.in/2010/07/20/todd-brown-180-medical-turning-an-accident-into-a-million-dollar-opportunity_n_911194.html.
- HME News Staff (January 3, 2014). "Supplies companies merge". HME News. HME News. http://www.hmenews.com/also-noted/supplies-companies-merge.
- Michaele Marx, Wheatley. "Ten BBB-accredited businesses to watch in 2017". NewsOK. https://newsok.com/article/5532502/ten-bbb-accredited-businesses-to-watch-in-2017. Retrieved December 29, 2016.
- "GHP Healthcare and Pharmaceuticals Awards 2018 - Best Catheter Supplies Company 2018". GHP News. https://www.ghp-news.com/issues/healthcare-and-pharmaceutical-awards-2018/4/.