Grind Rod is a third party Transformer who turns into a truck. He is an homage to the 1987 Transformers character Rollbar.
According to his tech specs Grind Rod has above average capabilities in general, and is extremely tough and highly skilled.
Grind Rod combines with Aurora and his other team members to form a giant robot.
In April 2012 Toyworld placed photos of Grind Rod on it's web site.
Promotional photos of Grind Rod compared him to Backfiery.
Preorders for Grind Rod went up in September 2012.
Grind Rod was released in November 2012.
In November 2012 TFsource confirmed that Grind Rod and the other members of his group formed a combiner.
In 2013 Eness Toys released a label set for Grind Rod.
- Toyworld TW-T01 Grind Rod (2012)
- A new mold. Transformers from robot to truck. Stands about 5.5 inches tall. Comes with a gun/tire, collector card, and instructions.
- The bottom of the box has a co-sell for TW-T02 Aurora.
- The design for this toy inspired Wei Jiang Wrangler.
- Eness Toys Grind Rod Labels (2013)
- A set of labels for Grind Rod that include Autobot and Jeep Sahara symbols.
- Shapeways Grind Rod Comic Blaster
- A Shapeways design gun for Grind Rod by Firelight78 that looks like the gun Generation 1 Rollbar used in the Marvel Comics Transformers stories.
- Vangelus (September 13th, 2012). "[email protected]". http://www.tfw2005.com/ (Podcast). TFW2005. http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/wtf-tfw-transformers-podcast/661615-wtf-tfw-217-september-13-2012-a.html.
- Brian Kilby (November 10th, 2012). "TFormers.com News Desk". http://tformers.com (Podcast). TFormers. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZCVrlQiCJQ.
- Craig (November 24th, 2012). "Fwooshcast". http://fwooshcast.thefwoosh.com/ (Podcast). The Fwoosh. http://fwooshcast.thefwoosh.com/2012/11/episode-89-november-24th-fwooshcast-the-next-generation/.
- Mathew Ignash (August 2nd, 2014). "Retro Robot Radio". http://www.youtube.com/user/RetroRobotRadio?feature=watch (Podcast). Mathew Ignash. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31IQyQLyx-I.