Code is a fictional character and third party Transformer homage to Generation 1 Chromedome made by FansProject in 2012. In 2013 a Virus edition of Code was released and in 2015 a version of Code was released in colors closer to Generation 1 Chromedome.
Code is a homage to the Autobot characters Chromedome and Stylor created by FansProject.
A prototype for Code was teased privately for a few people at BotCon 2011.
FansProject first teased their Function-X line of toys at TFcon 2012.
In December 2012 Big Bad Toy Store announced they would give $20 worth of toys to Toys for Tots for every preorder of FansProject Code made before December 16th 2012. TFsource offered a similar deal benefiting the Salvation Army.
The first images of the FansProject Code toy were posted to the internet in December 2012.
Code started to ship after Christmas 2012.
Code Virus version shipped in June 2013.
In 2014 Reprolabels made a set of labels for Code to make it look more like Chromedome.
In the Radio Free Cybertron podcast for December 26th, 2012 Code was one of the topics for discussion. The hosts of the show had a mixed reaction, which some loving it, and other not liking the head and feet.
The WTF@TFW podcast for January 10th, 2013 discussed Code in detail after two of the hosts bought it.
The WTF@TFW podcast for January 17th, 2013 discussed the transformation of Code in detail when another host bought it.
In the Fwooshcast podcast for June 2nd, 2013 one of the hosts talked about the FansProject Code he recently purchased.
Code was mentioned in the FX-03 comics release by FansProject at TFcon 2015. In this story Smart Robin discovers some suspicious crystals and decides Code should investigate.
- FansProject Function-X1 Code (2012)
- A new mold by FansProject. Turns from a car to robot. Comes with a Soleron driver and two guns. The car's driver becomes the head of the robot.
- The head of Code has a similar, but different mechanism for attaching to his body as the Generation 1 Chromedome has. The result is that while Codes' head can fit on a Generation 1 Headmaster body (without activating the tech spec meter), a Generation 1 head cannot fit on the Code body.
- The Soleron driver was recolored into the Soleron trainer for Positum.
- FansProject Function-X1 Code virus version (2013)
- A black and red recolor of Code
- Reprolabels Classics Chromedome (2014)
- A set of labels intended to make Code look mode like Chromedome. Includes Autobot faction symbols.
- FansProject Function-X0 Code (2015)
- A minor recolor of Code in colors more accurate to Generation 1 Chromedome.
- Craig (December 14th, 2012). "Fwooshcast". http://fwooshcast.thefwoosh.com/ (Podcast). The Fwoosh. http://fwooshcast.thefwoosh.com/2012/12/episode-92-december-15th-the-tragic-sacrifice/.
- Vangelus (December 15th, 2012). "WTF@TFW". http://www.tfw2005.com/ (Podcast). TFW2005. http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/wtf-tfw-transformers-podcast/741184-wtf-tfw-230-december-15-2012-a.html.
- Brian Kilby (December 26th, 2012). "Radio Free Cybertron". http://www.tfradio.net (Podcast). TFRadio. http://www.tfradio.net/podcast/2012/12/29/radio-free-cybertron-12262012.html.
- Reed, Philip (2013). Transforming Collections. ISBN 978-1-62620-496-6.
- Vangelus (January 10th 2013). "WTF@TFW". http://www.tfw2005.com/ (Podcast). TFW2005. http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/wtf-tfw-transformers-podcast/762602-wtf-tfw-234-january-10-2013-a.html.
- TJ Duckett (January 13th, 2013). "TF Beyond". http://kumastyledesigns.com (Podcast). Kuma Style Designs. http://kumastyledesigns.com/tf-beyond-podcast-episode-10-moving-on-approx-167-min/.
- Vangelus (January 17th, 2013). "WTF@TFW". http://www.tfw2005.com/ (Podcast). TFW2005. http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/wtf-tfw-transformers-podcast/770913-wtf-tfw-235-january-17-2013-a.html.
- Craig (March 4th, 2013). "Fwooshcast". http://fwooshcast.thefwoosh.com/ (Podcast). The Fwoosh. http://fwooshcast.thefwoosh.com/2013/03/episode-101-march-4th-the-sound-of-crickets/.
- Craig (June 2nd, 2013). "Fwooshcast". http://fwooshcast.thefwoosh.com/ (Podcast). The Fwoosh. http://fwooshcast.thefwoosh.com/2013/06/fwooshcast-113-june-2nd-the-flood/.
- Craig (June 30th, 2013). "Cybercast". https://www.youtube.com/user/G1Hexatron?feature=watch (Podcast). Josh. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lflbijeR5QM.